I could list off a long list of enjoyable , emotion evoking situations and "items" and "people" but at the core if it , my happiness comes not from a list of ABCs but from....

Feeling deeply, enjoying simply, thinking/exploring/searching freely, taking emotional risks without fear, being deeply needed and deeply needing.

Hope that maybe all this shit we put up has some purpose it after all. =)

Being alive and being glad that im alive and coming alive and seeing others earnestly doing the same.

Places and things are temporary , i hope at least , the above are not. They bring to much joy into the world. Sometimes it takes suffering to appreciate joy. So be it, its worth it.

At least thats what i think right know, might be all just a buncha crap i learned from the back of a box of wheaties. :happy:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy? Whats that........

Content?

Maybe

Realistically:

A good standing relationship with GOD is first. 

Then My husband.  Who keeps me in check, is patient, understanding, sweet....

Then my cats...when I look at them and my blood pressure goes down instantly.

Then comes my brothers....who drive me insane, but without their love and support I would not be complete. They get me back down to my roots.

My list could go on, but that would be boring..................

The little things..free things...in general...make me happy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

**smiles at kellygrrrrrl**

General) Sharing a good drink while engaging in deep intelectual conversation.

Day2Day) While working hard....someone brings me a frapacheno or a McFlurry. I dont care who you are, you just fucking earned serious brownie points.

deep and spiritual sense) Cuddling :happy:

Edited by dragoth

Guest Game of Chance

It made me happy (actually, despite the financial loss) of seeing my poker student and good friend beat me 7 times in a row heads up. I'm proud of her.

General - My husband, my pets, my family, my choices in life

Day to day - Accomplishing things, average comforts

Deep and Spiritual - Doing what I can to make my life and the lives of those around me good; knowing that even if someone's actions are undeserving of good, that I need do nothing but leave them alone and let karma take it's course; practicing forgiveness; appreciating the natural beauty in the world around me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto all that except change pets to pet and add kids and friends in there too :grin

When I go to the grocery store and see those gaint bags of dog food.  It's mostly just the feeling of being so small in comparison to something.  I mean.... their huge!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well that is certainly the most creative answer submitted thus far. :laughing

In a general sense?

On a day to day basis?

In a deep and spiritual sense?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

General - friends, good times, feeling appreciated, helping out a friend, good sex with someone who cares about me (at least as a friend, if not more)

Day to day - unexpected compliments, doing something entertaining

spiritually - feeling as though I'm not just wasting my time whenever I put myself out and try to make a real connection with someone, love