SOUNDGARDEN REUNITES

Slogo

Holy crap :ohmy:

Definately a blast from the past. Are they getting together for new stuff or just for a tour?

at this point, it looks like just a tour. Matt Cameron is still in Pearl Jam, so he has commitments to them from May 'til September. There was supposed to be a Soundgarden B-sides/rarities CD...like 3 years ago. Guitarist Kim Thayil was in charge of that, but he totally fell asleep on the job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to have to make it a point to see them. I have never been able to since I wasn't able to do many concerts back in the 90s due to financial problems. Great to see that they are going to do it again as I love their music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

setlist from last night's show at the Vic in Chicago - along with some video clips - can be found here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144122

I don't know if Fuse is doing their Live coverage from Lollapalooza this year or not but, if they are, Soundgarden closes out the festival Sunday night.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Been Away Too Long is awesome. A lot of bands could play a song in a similar style with a much less stellar breakdown, and I would absolutely hate it. It made all the difference that they had they right punchy lyrics just like Rolling Stones mostly did with Gloom and Doom (didn't care for the whole baby won't you dance with me crap).