Documentaries!

While on a trip at the video rental store, I saw a movie that caught my eye. On the cover was a red, white and blue marijuana leaf. At the counter the clerk had asked if I ever "Super high me"... Like "Supersize me" but with.. ya know. Same 30 day thing. He said that the guy doing the experiment actually had a higher IQ when he did smoke than when he didn't. Interesting right? Anyways "High" was the movie I saw. It had a lot of imformation about NORML in. Over all the movie was educational. I was left with a feeling of complete legalization was totally in order.

Moving on... I've been on a quest for knowledge (about anything really) and as long as it isn't too informational i'll watch it.

Suggestions are greatly searched for...

Slightly off-topic...this isn't a documetary, but you should read "The Emperor Wears No Clothes," by Jack Herer. It's a real eye-opener.

Back on topic, I saw a great nature documentary the other night, on YouTube. It was about birds of paradise, and it was hosted by David Attenborough. Here is the link:

"Attenborough in Paradise."

I LOVE documentaries, especially fucked up ones. One of my favorites is Auschwitz: The Nazis and The Final Solution. It's the most detailed and comprehensive documentary about the Holocaust that's out there.

The most disturbing documentary I've ever seen was The Lost Children of Bolivia. I love watching fucked up things, but this was FUCKED UP.

Also one on music of the mountains and another on Celtic music. Wish I could remember the names.

Is this it?

APPALACHIA: A history of mountains and people

If anyone has any questions about Appalachian Mountain life, or the influences of Celtic music therein, give me a shout. ;)

Edited by jynxxxedangel

No, this one was about the music - bluegrass, mountain music, gospel, etc.

Would like to see the above, though. :)

FOUND IT.

Here you go, my friend.

Am I not the most resourceful old kitten? *Cheshire grinsssss* :biggrin:

Edited by jynxxxedangel

Could be...hmmm. Been a couple of years since I'd seen it.

That's the one...trust me.

(and not the "famous last words" sort of "trust me")

I was riveted to this programme, as well, when it was on PBS. I'd quite forgotten about it, until you jogged my memory.