Free to GOOD home only

...Seamus, our black cat. He's part Maine Coon, neutered (that's how it's spelled), and had his shots. He's just over a year old. Also great with other cats, as well as with dogs.

I have gotten THREE opinions from 3 doctors, all saying the same thing: I have to thin out our herd of furry sweeties. If I don't, I'm in a lot of trouble with my breathing issues. Seamus is the first to be put up. I WILL be picky. If I even SENSE that someone's a douche, he stays. If you can give him a good home, or know someone who can, let me know ASAP.

Thanks.post-55-124984969933_thumb.jpg

Awww.... i wish i was still in-state. We definitely qualify as non-douchebag, and have two very spoiled furry babies already.

....although, i think our cats wouldnt be horribly appreciative of another attention magnet in the house. :p

Is he declawed?

Personally?

I think declawing is barbaric, and something people do to animals to spare their furniture without really thinking about what it is theyre doing.

Sorry, its a peeve of mine.

Its kind of like having the first joint of all of someone's fingers removed so they dont bite their nails.

I know some places require it for animals in apartments.

Doesnt change how I feel about it.

Personally?

I think declawing is barbaric, and something people do to animals to spare their furniture without really thinking about what it is theyre doing.

Its kind of like having the first joint of all of someone's fingers removed so they dont bite their nails.

I agree, Munin. Declawing is absolutely barbaric. My Devon Rex is front de-clawed, but he came to me that way, from a foster home. I would have never cut off his fingers! :sad:

Edited by jynxxxedangel

Yeah, I'm happy about that. My housemates have to either move out or the cat needs to be gone by 10/1. I'm still debating on whether or not to find a home for Jezebel. Those sweet brown eyes make it so hard for me to let go. I'm not allergic to dogs, but they do stir up dust mites, which I AM highly allergic to.

Ugh...

Personally?

Please note that I just asked the question. I never said I would get the animal declawed. If I intended to do that then I wouldnt have asked. I would have just had it done myself. I just want to clarify this so people dont automatically assume something about me. I kinda feel like I was attacked here.

Please note that I just asked the question. I never said I would get the animal declawed. If I intended to do that then I wouldnt have asked. I would have just had it done myself. I just want to clarify this so people dont automatically assume something about me. I kinda feel like I was attacked here.

I didn't mean to sound assumptive, pRick. Please take no offense, dear heart. I'm sure that Munin wasn't meaning to cut your head off, either.

What we were trying to convey, is that not many animal owners are aware of what the de-clawing process entails. They think of it as a necessary procedure, such as neutering-- which is actually very humane. If more folks would spay/neuter their cats, there wouldn't be so many unwanted kittens in the world. I was appalled at the sheet of animal shelter statistics my vet has posted in her examining room.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

I agree. I am against the idea of declawing my animals as well, but I think we jumped the gun and got a little self-righteous in this thread over a simple question. Probably would have been better to start a new topic if people had facts that they wanted to share about declawing. :respect:

Back on topic, hooray that Seamus found a good home!

Thats why i put in the "i know some places require it...".

I didnt know why you asked, so i gave benefit of the doubt.

However, it IS a peeve.

So, i just aired my opinion. Regardless of why you asked, it just brought up the topic.

• 2 months later...

I also REALLY need to find an awesome home for Jezebel before Thanksgiving. She's a German Wirehair/Lab mix that doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She loves dogs, cats, and kids. She needs her update shots and to be fixed. She has a mustache and goatee, earning her the nickname "The Bearded Lady."

She's free to a good home only. Please spread the word!

post-55-125563115207_thumb.jpg

Personally?

Yeah, and plus they have those nifty little caps you can have put on now. Apparently it doesn't hurt them and it also saves your furniture/face! ^v^ *thumbs up*

I also REALLY need to find an awesome home for Jezebel before Thanksgiving. She's a German Wirehair/Lab mix that doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She loves dogs, cats, and kids. She needs her update shots and to be fixed. She has a mustache and goatee, earning her the nickname "The Bearded Lady."

She's free to a good home only. Please spread the word!

she still owes my dinner from game night at your house when she thought it would be cute to lick my face while i was really drunk off pudding shots =P