Costumes 2009

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. just curious, seeing as y'all are moving in this time of year.

Ah, we should be pretty settled by that point, we're probably going to get our Certificate of Occupancy (which Warren wants your first born child to get) around the first week of October, hopefully.

All of the BIG expensive shit is finished in the house, now we just need to do the labor intensive shit.

It is for sure now. I bought a real expensive jacket and shirt from Showtime. I paid 375 but I will use them for years at Ren Fair during their pirate days.

Was it a Shrine Hollywood Jacket?

jan09_hi-res-5426.jpg

They carry really cool Shrine Hollywood stuff. :drool:

Aaagh! Cap City party is on the 31st! So the "sexy mummy" thing would have to be worn to Club 616... which is this weekend... don't know if I'll have the wherewithal to pull it off by then. So for my Lifestyle costume I may end up doing something really lame like the Sex Fairy. Still no idea what to do for Hallowicked and whatever else transpires that night. Needs to be something travel-able, quick to put together, and Faygo-resistant. Wish I had a date, that would make it way easier. *sigh*

What is everyone else thinking of being?

I'm thinking of being in bed before dark.

I hate this time of year anyway, and with the way things have been going lately I'm in a mood that's anything but celebratory. Sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade, but I am already really sick of hearing about Halloween.

Good gods. Warhammer 40,000 Terminator meets Jules Verne's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea."

:drool

Bless me sister, for I want to sin.

It's a 'Big Daddy' from the game Bioshock. I shouldn't be amazed that some die-hard cosplayer made a costume of that character...but I am. Hell of a lot of ingenuity, and really cool.

And the link to the outfit that I was speaking of in my above entry...

Glitterbell Dress

Holy shit, $100 for fairy wings? They damn well better enable actual flight!

I might do the kimono again, my mom is in San Francisco, so I was having her look for a nagajuban for me. Dang it I should have asked for geta sandals and cute socks. Why don't I think!

I have geta and tabi, what size do you wear?

Ive decided to be tiffany from the bride of chucky. Since my hair is red, im gonna have to buy a blonde wig. Hopefully I can find one that looks real and not fake.

Wouldn't you kind of want it to look fake? since it's supposed to be on a doll?

I am still undecided... I may skip Hallowicked this year due to my impoverished state... if so still thinking sexy mummy for Cap City... I seem to be devoid of creative ideas this year.