Bi Polar Disorder

its the new adhd from what I hear.

Kinda like the 80's all over again.

My kid said to me the other day...mom...I dunno why I gave you such a hard time as a kid at times....I don't know why I did those things. I said, your just nuts ha ha. And she laughed and said well I don't have those problems now...and I was like I know, you were just a bit spoiled as a kid and that was my fault. Are you not glad I didn't medicate you? And she said yes mom your the best thank you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20576306/

Edited by Homicidalheathen

I find it interesting that in the article, the mother of the 7 year old who had been diagnose as having bipolar said that the kid was happy watching tv; but when she would call him in to eat he would go into a screaming fit. I know a lot of kids who through a fit over having to leave the tv. That sounds to me like a normal part of growing up. A kid just trying to get his way as they all try to do.

Half of America is SCHIZOPHRENIC...ADHD, Depression, & Bi-polar, are just the new labels they put on you if they think that you are Schizo-typal, so that they can watch your head to see if you "flip", 'cause one of the things you can "flip" to is a psychopath...these diagnosis are bullshit (on a semantic level), they are generally seen as a "reason" as to why someone is messing up some part of their life, instead of something they can struggle against for a time & overcome it, becoming stronger in said part of life than the 'norm' in the populous.

• 1 month later...

I find it interesting that in the article, the mother of the 7 year old who had been diagnose as having bipolar said that the kid was happy watching tv; but when she would call him in to eat he would go into a screaming fit. I know a lot of kids who through a fit over having to leave the tv. That sounds to me like a normal part of growing up. A kid just trying to get his way as they all try to do.

The source of the real problem is the TV. It's making us dumber, and fatter, and I'm sure any number of other issues. And given the length of time the TV has existed compared to the human race? nothing about it is normal. I awoke this morning to: while (channel == "not changed") { whine("I don't wanna watch it... change it... ") } I yelled out "Go read a book".

Funny I was never Diagnosed with Bipolar... I got ADD... I may actually be ADD but I'm also bipolar. Most of my ADD symptoms appear to just be my Mania.

Ya wanna get nuts? let's get nuts. j/k

Edited by xenoterracide

• 2 months later...

its the new adhd from what I hear.

Kinda like the 80's all over again.

My kid said to me the other day...mom...I dunno why I gave you such a hard time as a kid at times....I don't know why I did those things. I said, your just nuts ha ha. And she laughed and said well I don't have those problems now...and I was like I know, you were just a bit spoiled as a kid and that was my fault. Are you not glad I didn't medicate you? And she said yes mom your the best thank you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20576306/

What teen isnt nuts at times? ;) Right?

Thing with medicating kids for years... it can cause "twitches" later on in life.

Many of my friends that took meds for adhd and depression when they were kids have "twitches" now.

I just wish that Dr.'s would stop pushing the manmade drugs....

That is my view, though.