my kingdom for lipstick...

ok i know it's cliche and whatnot but my sweetie LOVES it when i wear black lipstick. (and i enjoy it myself from time to time) but the stuff comes off so easily. one strong breeze and instead of a nice rich black i look like i have a terrible case of lip mold.... My kingdom (err, queendom?) for a black lipstick that i don't have to reapply every ten minutes! any suggestions?

Black waterproof liquid eyeliner works well, in the meantime.. ;)

that's a good idea...i suppose eating eyeliner is no more dangerous than the several pounds of lipstick a person inadvertently swallows in a life time lol. i tried this product from Sally's beauty supply that is supposed to make the stuff smudge-proof for six hours, but it burns like mad! anyway, thanks for the tip!

I'll be no help on this one, just interesting that there isn't a way to get this to work. Isn't there some sort of "overcoating" that can be used to keep lipstick lasting longer?

And yeah black lipstick is pretty hot... I especially like it with hi-gloss.

Yes. There is a good sealer I've used, on the market. It's called "Lipchic" Lipstick Sealer, by Ella International Cosmetics. Just do a Google Shopping search, and several webstores carry it. This stuff is fantastic! I've even used powdered mineral makeup on my lips, and sealed it with this.

<!--quoteo(post=615116:date=Jul 7 2009, 03:21 PM:name=Troy Spiral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy Spiral @ Jul 7 2009, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=615116"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll be no help on this one, just interesting that there isn't a way to get this to work. Isn't there some sort of "overcoating" that can be used to keep lipstick lasting longer?

And yeah black lipstick is pretty hot... I especially like it with hi-gloss.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes. There is a good sealer I've used, on the market. It's called "Lipchic" Lipstick Sealer, by Ella International Cosmetics. Just do a Google Shopping search, and several webstores carry it. This stuff is fantastic! I've even used powdered mineral makeup on my lips, and sealed it with this.

thanks, i will look that up. hopefully it will hold up. as it is now, my lover just kisses the lipstick right off as soon as i get it on....and then we both wind up walking around looking like we've got the plague....and so not in a good way! lol.

If you don't mind a reddish tint... Black eyeliner pencil- then a light layer of dark semi-permanent lipstick. Let dry to tacky, add lipstick gloss and voila! It won't last as long as the lipstick usually does, but long enough for the night. I've done it before with the Revlon semi-permanent lipsticks. Oh and if you use eyeliner as a lipliner and smudge it with the lipstick... very spiffy.

• 2 weeks later...

LipChic report: works pretty well. It kind of waters down darker shades but just layering the lipstick a bit heavier seems to take care of that. Kind of burns/tingles when first applied; the directions suggest this is from inadequate moisturization, so I'm going to get some lip goo to use at night. But, LipChic does what it's supposed to... lasts well through eating, drinking, and mild making out, with no transfer to cups or collars. Good stuff!