Please help me, before I go insane!?!?!?

ok, I was sewing along.. like normal.. thread runs out of the bobbin. Normal.

I fill a new one.. normal... go to put it in, threads like normal.. went to sew...

and everything went to hell. I went to turn the knob that control's needle placement, and after that, the thread keeps getting tangled where the bobbin goes. ugh. and without the bobbin in there, the wheel you turn, to hand crank it, won't turn smoothly, like it was. and it was working all properly up until this moment. none of my parts are bent, and are in there right. my needle's not bent... but the thread keeps getting tangled... what do I do?!

I'm going nuts!

when the hand crank wheel turns its starts effing up. ugh. so its catching the bobbin thread, correctly, the first time, every time after that, its not working right... and it just started. you would normally be right, though. when i have this issue, it is the tension. I adjust it, and it works right. this time, it seems to be an intermal issue, and it just started... I mean, I was sewing earlier, and now it won't work right.

yes, all the inside things are in there right, nothing's bent. the bobbin cover's on properly, ect, ect. I don't know, something could be off. that's what it seems to be... the thing that pops out that moves the thread, seems to be the issue. I take that out, and it cranks properly. but I need that part in there for the thread to move around lol

Does your sewing machine have 2 tension adjustments?? Mine does. One for the thread on the spool and one for the bobbin. Also look for any loose thread that may have wrapped around anything. I've had that happen to me before. I've had to get in and do that now and then with the OLD sewing machine I have. It's a pain at times but sometimes you have to check. Wish I could sew, I have 2 machines, one is a serger type and need a coat sewn from a pattern. Once I figure out how to enlarge the pattern.

nope, nothing's wrapped.

Ok, let me explain: when i popped the bobbin cover back in, the crank didn't turn smoothly (that's the large wheel on the top right of the machine, the one that if you turn it by hand, the needle moves up and down), and when I went to sew, the thread knotted up, and wouldn't do right.

I looked inside, because this sort of thing tends to happen when you don't have the bobbin cover on right (not popped in there all the way) or extra thread gets tangles in there some how, ect ect. it was none of those. I took all the little parts out (this is a front loading bobbin, by the way, meaning I take the little front thing off, flip open the little door, and it pops out) things were going fine, up until this point. and I mean perfectly fine!!!! I thought maybe the bobbin was too big or too small for the slot, but that's not the case, as it does it with the bobbin I was using that ran out of thread...

um... it seems to be the inner piece.. the one that moves back and forth as you sew. its half ring, and has the rod on it, that the bobbin sits on. if you sew, you know what I'm talking about.. none of that's bent out of shape, there's only one way to put it in there, so I know its right, and everything clicks into place.. I don't understand what's going on... maybe my machine muffed up, and me turning the knob to slide the needle over made something internal screw up? BUT its MEANT to do that?!?!?!

man, if someone has a machine that's collecting dust, isn't ancient, and runs well, I'll take it off your hands. *bats eye lashes*

This was going to be my lively hood, since I can't seem to get a stinking job. *sigh* so much for that...

and man, if I could, I'd steal your machine and your serger :p lol

(I needs a serger, but would have to lose one arm, and both legs to pay for it, then I couldn't sew cuz i only got one hand!)

I feel totally useless and worthless at this point...

and if the day couldn't get any worse, I can't seem to find my little screwdriver that came with my machine. and if you know anything about these damn things, that's the only one that works, to take the face plate off, cuz its the only one that will fit in that small space... *sigh*

so i can't even find that, to take the plate off, to make sure its not something as simple as trapped lint...

:cry:

I'm good at what I do... I just feel broken, because my machine is a part of me, and its broke..

thanks Murphy... thank you and your stupid law.. ugh...

Shame you don't live closer, I'd loan the serger to you. Have to make sure it works since as part of my old job was to clean out storage units after people left and throw the junk they left away and I found the serger.

I know with gas prices, it sounds like a long ways, but you are (generally) only like 55 mins (give or take a little) from me. (just googling town to town)

• 4 weeks later...

I hate when this happens..I have such trouble with machines just like this. I usually take it all apart and give the insides a good cleaning - tihs usually fixes it. If not, I swear at it profusely and rethread both the top and bottom about 8 times and usually magically it starts working. Usually I never figure out what was ever wrong with it to begin with....

yeah, I threw the damned thing against the wall :rofl:

finally took it to the shop, and they found thread intertwined around the internal workings of the machine.. like near the hand crank....

now.. know what I know about machines.. I don't get how that can even happen.. I mean, there's only a little place where the thread could have gotten in, and that's where the rod sticks up to wind more bobbins.. o.O

so yeah.. that one made me scratch my head..

so it makes me wonder if my machine was a return, and a moron had the machine before I did o.O

ah well, its fixed now.. woo!

yeah, I threw the damned thing against the wall :rofl:

finally took it to the shop, and they found thread intertwined around the internal workings of the machine.. like near the hand crank....

now.. know what I know about machines.. I don't get how that can even happen.. I mean, there's only a little place where the thread could have gotten in, and that's where the rod sticks up to wind more bobbins.. o.O

so yeah.. that one made me scratch my head..

so it makes me wonder if my machine was a return, and a moron had the machine before I did o.O

ah well, its fixed now.. woo!

Yeah, that's why I like to try to take it apart and clean it out to try to get loose threads and such out. I'm glad they were able to fix it!!! I hate taking the thing to the shop..always takes forever, costs $100, and breaks again a couple months later. D: