City Club Landmarks

I didn't like the Jukebox! I hated it! Miserable thing really, and they didn't have good music in it! If they had things that weren't country, etc. I would be perfectly happy to see it back.

I've bitched at Larry and Garfield when people attempt to play rap at the bar. Seriously, WTF? I come for the atmosphere, really- not kidding, and to meet new people, but playing music that doesn't fit fucks the whole vibe over.

I've also balked about the friggin goofy skeletons, and lamely offered to paint something new. I will, if given the oppertunity. It would take me a while to figure out what I feel would set the appropriate mood.

Now, the tourists.... If you talk to the tourists- they'll come back. I generally ignore them, and I have personally dressed every new person I bring, so they don't come up to the club wearing inappropriate things. I've bitch slapped tourist that tried to flirt unsuccessfully with me. No self respecting goth girl would bother with a bloody tourist.

Fun? How the heck do you not have fun at city? I hear people say they don't have fun all the time. I haven't figured that one out, but I am my own personal party while at city. Go say hi to some new people. Hell, find me- I'll just randomly start introducing you to people. You'll have fun, but I'm hard to follow around- I am randomly inspired to lunge myself at the dancefloor and jump around like a deranged monkey on speed. Truly, that's amusing... People watching has always been fun... Like an outfit- gosh darn it- tell the person, they spend lots of time and energy and money on these things. (unless you're me, I'm cheap) I friggin love City! It's my favorite little shithole!

1) I'd like to see a space theme for a new wall paint job. galaxies, planets, etc.

2) I've never dressed goth at CC - hell, I've never even gone there dressed in black. Then again, I can count the number of DGNers I've met since I signed on here on one hand.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I'd like to see a space theme for a new wall paint job. galaxies, planets, etc.

2) I've never dressed goth at CC - hell, I've never even gone there dressed in black. Then again, I can count the number of DGNers I've met since I signed on here on one hand.

If you wear kakhi anything or look like a tourist, smart goths ignore tourists. I'm game for a space theme.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too dumb to know what "tourist" means. :(

Sorry, I thought it was a more common phrase. It is at least in my circle. A "tourist" is someone who gives the impression that they blatently don't fit. It's like people that look like they're more prepared for a hip-hop show than to walk into the local goth bar. A major component to the "tourists" being ignored is that many of them tend to hit on the goth chicks in what I would consider to be a disrespectful manner. (Hence my tendancy to bitch slap them.) :whistle::biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I thought it was a more common phrase. It is at least in my circle. A "tourist" is someone who gives the impression that they blatently don't fit. It's like people that look like they're more prepared for a hip-hop show than to walk into the local goth bar. A major component to the "tourists" being ignored is that many of them tend to hit on the goth chicks in what I would consider to be a disrespectful manner. (Hence my tendancy to bitch slap them.) :whistle::biggrin:

One of the few things that ever really had appeal for me about that club was the ability for pretty much anyone to 'fit'. It's sad that even open minded people can be so close minded.

As far as inappropriately hittin on goth chicks that goes without saying. There are people everywhere that have lost their ability to engage in conversation with members of the opposite sex in an intelligent and interesting manner.

Like Rev said. Blame Liz Vicious.

One of the few things that ever really had appeal for me about that club was the ability for pretty much anyone to 'fit'. It's sad that even open minded people can be so close minded.

As far as inappropriately hittin on goth chicks that goes without saying. There are people everywhere that have lost their ability to engage in conversation with members of the opposite sex in an intelligent and interesting manner.

Like Rev said. Blame Liz Vicious.

I've made out with a guy who looked the "tourist" part per se... He was wearing kakhis and a t-shirt, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first time to the club. I eventually found him to be boring though.