World of Warcraft

So after two long years of resisting and telling my friends "no, I'm not pay for some dumb MMORPG every damn month just so it can take away my life" I finally gave in.

Pestilence and I formed an alliance guild on the server Korgoth, and were looking for DGN people who might wanna join it, or just throw the invitation out either way. It's called Knights of Ni. We were probably also going to form a horde (which I prefer playing on because alliance is a bunch of preps :tongue:) guild on Nathrazim, which I have two characters on.

Korgoth Characters (alliance):

Krendic - Human Rogue

Bundleofwood (is the WoW equivalent for "bag of dicks" :tongue:) - Night Elf Hunter

Nathrazim Characters (Horde):

AllYourBase - Orc Warrior (it the group character for Pest and I, he follows me around with an Orc Shaman named RbelongToUs)

Cherny - Undead Worlock

So if you see any of my characters running around, stop and dance. Don't say hi...just dance, I will know :tongue:.

So after two long years of resisting and telling my friends "no, I'm not pay for some dumb MMORPG every damn month just so it can take away my life" I finally gave in.

I know how that is, I played WoW but it took up to much of my time and also not to mention the $$ I didn't wanna waste as well. I honestly prefer Runescape.

I know how that is, I played WoW but it took up to much of my time and also not to mention the $$ I didn't wanna waste as well. I honestly prefer Runescape.

Really? I've played probably 90% of the "big name" MMORPGS and of them Runescape just has such a low standard of maturity (par for the course with most MMOs) but runescape in particular is known for its idiot kiddies calling each other "fag" every 20 seconds and just generally being morons. Not like the game is so smooth and well designed (most poorly designed of any of the top games, not that a game nesssiarly be super high quality to be fun though) that it makes up for that lousy community. I guess if I had a bunch of friends that played it we could all just sort of hover around each other and try to escape that aspect of it. *ponders*

I quit WoW also due to the time-suck nature of it. I'm trying to stay away from all MMOs in general as no matter what one I play they suck too much time away. I don't mean they suck away 3-4 hours a night the way TV might do for someone, they are a vacuum cleaner that sucks down half my life. Addictive personality I guess.

Dang...11 million subscribers and not a single person on DGN is one of them? Crazyyyy...

Part of the problem is that there are many people from DGN playing wow. And as such, they will never see this until the crack addiction subsides heh.

If pushed hard enough and seriously enough I could be lured back. But, when I decided to play an MMO it take it fairly seriously in that I want to progress. Multiple characters on multiple servers wouldn't cut it. I make one character and make it as powerful as possible and build a guild of like-minded people. No server swaping, bare minimum (if any) multiple characters) just hardcore players trying to get through as much content as possible. I quickly wander away from people that just roam around and don't do much of anything in an MMO. To really play an MMO you need to commit to it a bit, otherwise there isn't much point in playing an MMO, might as well just play DDR. People in the guild that are 30 levels behind you are useless, unless they are busting ass to catch up. Ideally, everyone busts their ass to max level, gets a headset and ventrillo (or whatever voice communication system) and then the real game starts with high level raids and the uber-mega-sword-of-doom drops start comming. =P

Alliance

Violentivy Maelstrom GM of Rise of Dawn

various alts on that server

Violentivy Kargath in work guild "this is not a guild"

Horde

Antithoni Bloodfurnace Children of the Vanir (low level, hardly play on her)

Various others but I am not going to list every alt here. Angus fergus has a ton on WoW, too. I'll let him list his if he feels like it though.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe Cherny meant that the server name is Korgath, not Korgoth. There are 2 servers that look almost the same, but yeah, Pest sucked me into it after my 2 year break.

Iwasadopted - Human Warlock

Ifarttoomuch - Draenei Hunter

Undrpntsnome - Gnome Warrior

FUrCouch - Draenei Rogue

SnuchyBuchys - Dwarf Hunter

Edited by Deadyeti

• 3 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=597408:date=Apr 27 2009, 09:25 AM:name=Chernobyl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chernobyl @ Apr 27 2009, 09:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=597408"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FFFF00--><span style="color:#FFFF00"><!--/coloro-->So after two long years of resisting and telling my friends "no, I'm not pay for some dumb MMORPG every damn month just so it can take away my life" I finally gave in.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i finally pulled away from runescape a short while ago. the game got boring for me so i just left it be

• 2 weeks later...