What do you miss?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss the days when camera operators did not have to jiggle or run with the camera for the sake of adding "Realism" to cinematography. 

It's possible I may have beefed about this before, but I'm watching The Conjuring again and it conjured up old pet peeves. 

• 4 weeks later...

This house I lived in in SW Detroit a few years ago. The potential it had. I really regret my decisions over the based six years but I know all the factors contributing to those decisions and how my weakness was my own self sabotage. Hindsight is a bitch though. 

21 hours ago, kat said:

This house I lived in in SW Detroit a few years ago. The potential it had. I really regret my decisions over the based six years but I know all the factors contributing to those decisions and how my weakness was my own self sabotage. Hindsight is a bitch though. 

The "if I knew now..." thing is a bastard.

I used to always think about it in terms of going all the way back to say 17 years old, that'd be perfect.   But now I'd take any number of years.  5 , 10.   Even though things are crappy (and even that long ago were crappy) I feel like I'm just at the tip of figuring a lot of things out.... and now I'm old... and already screwed up too bad to matter.  Even if I do fix everything I'll be old and near dead by the time I get it all fixed. 

Oh that was cheerful.  So much for my perpetual self-help reading.  lol

There is the other end though, they are making huge scientific advances at a faster and faster rate (thus making things for us 'rich' cry baby countries cheaper and safer (despite all our crying), maybe they'll figure something out for longer life and cheaper ... everything (Cold Fusion / Uber Safe Nuclear and Gene (DNA) Therapy)  being close to 1.  Very much cheaper everything  2. Kick ass medicine.  So maybe if we live LONG enough...

I miss not feeling like a total waste of skin that contributes nothing to society  like 70% of the time.  

Since the "bad" car accident I can't do anything remotely what I'd consider "useful to society (or my close "family") " for more than like 9 seconds.  

I guess that's better than my feeling totally useless 100% of the time from a few years ago. 

I miss the past, even the things I hated.  Things change so fast and eventually memories fade away into the void.  I especially miss old friends whom I've lost touch with and even worse those whom have died.  I can faintly hear their voices and see their faces in my head and it gets fuzzier/blurrier as time marches on.  For the friends who still are here I miss their beauty and youth, as well as my own.

More than anything I miss the time before I figured out all this was happening and started to worry about it *every* damn day.  Yes my problems aren't huge, but they are to me.

I miss not knowing what the hell the heat death of the universe is.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2016 at 10:04 AM, Troy Spiral said:

I miss not feeling like a total waste of skin that contributes nothing to society  like 70% of the time.  

Since the "bad" car accident I can't do anything remotely what I'd consider "useful to society (or my close "family") " for more than like 9 seconds.  

I guess that's better than my feeling totally useless 100% of the time from a few years ago. 

You are not a waste of skin. You are ...The Gothfather. I'll one day write about all of this;)

I miss my career. I have not got all the supervision hours I need to continue after April 30th, at least in Michigan. Being off work because the accident caused all these months of not working to gain additional hours. At this point I have to find something else or leave. I have an interview in Toledo Monday, we shall see how this goes.

Edited by kat
Ohio, Michigan, Texas, several states have very strict licensing rules because of Medicaid billing. You have to have a bunch of letters behind you're name, in addition to my 50000 dollar piece of toilet paper, which is worthless here after 4/30

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somone who probably was tied for my "best friend" for  years.  Just one day got the wrong impression about my anxiety/depression and POOF gone, haven't heard from them since.  Didn't even talk to me about it.  Really was a massive shock at the time.  Still is honestly even a few years later.  We used to talk like 5 days a week... on the phone even.  *gasp*

• 2 months later...