What do you miss?

I miss being held by the right person. Feeling their chest move as the breathe, their heart beat as they sleep in my arms.

I miss people coming by and dancing around my living room like Snoopy as I spoiled them a bit.

I miss the wise old man that raised me, at least hearing both sides of the argument instead of punishing blindly.

I miss feeling the kick of his service weapon as I fired it, shooting sharp enough to be almost as good as he was, knowing I was better than almost everyone else in the state (except him.)

I miss the sound of waves rolling gently on the beaches of Hawaii, the warm sun on my skin, the salt of the sea drying on me.

I miss the evenings there, too and a dinner with a very tempting woman. I miss the opportunity to capitalize on that interest in me.

Seeing as we are on the topic of fast food, I miss Wendy's Wild Mountain chicken sandwich.

wendy_s.jpg

From the 2004 advertisement: "Go a little wild with Wendy's new Wild Mountain Chicken Sandwich. It starts with a hot & smoky southwestern pepper sauce, hickory smoked bacon, and Colby Jack. Made fresh on our Spicy Chicken Breast Fillet, with Wendy's own fiery blend of peppers and spices. It's a big bold taste that's unforgettable."

The sandwich really looked like this, when you got it-- which is unusual for fast food.

Coming home to the boyfriend at the end of the day. It was so nice to be hugged and asked how my day was when I walked through the door. Now we are either totally apart, or when we are together, it's togetherness damn near every minute of the day. I miss that happy medium.

I miss having a cold closed off heart where I didn't care about anything or anyone. Having your heart on your sleeve means feeling something for people and then getting burned one way or another. I wouldn't miss the heartache.

Edited by Draco1958