It is pretty messy out there already...I just had to drive from work to home and back to work...Detroit to Farmington Hills and back. A lot of spin outs down the Lodge and 96.

Yeah, I just went to lunch in Warren. It's getting dicey out there. Be careful on the roads today everyone!! :ohmy:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, the roads will be much better by Thursday, and then of course, they will be fine by Saturday!

...maybe..

....but THEY......COULD...

..want to derail ALL of Tit's big plans...& use the
Weather Control Satellites

...(most weather satellites are NOT for forecasting ;))..

..so as to inflict their evil upon her otherwise undaunted Holiday-Spirit...

...it COULD happen! :stuart:

...maybe..

....but THEY......COULD...

..want to derail ALL of Tit's big plans...& use the
Weather Control Satellites

...(most weather satellites are NOT for forecasting ;))..

..so as to inflict their evil upon her otherwise undaunted Holiday-Spirit...

...it COULD happen! :stuart:

But we don't want that to happen now do we. I mean you want to see me don't ya?

I ended up driving to Waterford and back in it. It sucked. My little car slid all over the place *mental note - all season ultra high performance tires don't nessicarily mean they work well in the nasty snow crap of Michigan* ... I got some pictures with the camera phone I'll upload somewhere later ... but it took me somewhere between 4 1/2 - 5 hours to get there and back.

It's freezing rain here now.

... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 1 PM EST

Wednesday...

The Winter Weather Advisory for snow and mixed precipitation is

now in effect until 1 PM EST Wednesday.

Periods of snow are expected through tonight. Snowfall will be

moderate to heavy at times... dropping visibilities to less than

one mile. Snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches are expected through

early Wednesday morning. In addition... the snow is expected to mix

with sleet and freezing rain late tonight... before changing over

to mostly rain by Wednesday afternoon.

A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or

freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for

slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while

driving.

This was looking out from Orchard lake Road, stopped at the light at Long Lake Road:

(Normally you can see that dark spot of land pretty clearly)

post-521-1230089227_thumb.jpg

This was I-696 Westbound between Orchard Lake Road and I-275 at about 3:00 pm today.

post-521-1230089297_thumb.jpg

I've been out in this stuff since the huge snowfall on Friday, it's all been the same.

/O.EXT.KDTX.WW.Y.0013.081226T1200Z- 081226T1900Z/ WASHTENAW-WAYNE-LENAWEE- MONROE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ANN ARBOR...DETROIT...ADRIAN...MONROE 1008 PM EST THU DEC 25 2008

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 2 PM EST FRIDAY...

THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 2 PM EST FRIDAY.

LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET BEGIN AFTER 7 AM FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE CHANGING OVER TO PRIMARILY FREEZING RAIN BY 10 AM. ACCUMULATIONS OF ICE UP TO ONE TENTH INCH WILL CAUSE UNTREATED SURFACES SUCH AS ROADS AND SIDEWALKS TO BECOME SLIPPERY AND HAZARDOUS. PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE OVER TO ALL RAIN BETWEEN NOON AND 2 PM AS SURFACE TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING.

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

For Washtenaw County (because that's where I live and what I get .... but all surrounding counties have it all too)

Washtenaw County

Dense Fog Advisory -- Washtenaw County

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI 420 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008 ...DENSE FOG EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN TONIGHT... .WIDESPREAD DENSE FOG IS EXPECTED TO FORM OVER THE REGION THIS EVENING AS A VERY WARM AND MOIST AIRMASS IS TRANSPORTED INTO LOWER MICHIGAN. FOG DEVELOPMENT WILL BE ENHANCED AS THIS WARM AIR IS TRANSPORTED OVER THE EXISTING SNOW PACK. AS THE FOG THICKENS TONIGHT...VISIBILITIES WILL DROP TO ONE QUARTER OF A MILE OR BELOW...MAKING TRAVEL HAZARDOUS. THE FOG IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE SATURDAY MORNING AS PERIODS OF HEAVY RAIN DEVELOP. MIZ047>049-053>055-060>063-068>070-075-076-082-083-270530- /O.NEW.KDTX.FG.Y.0013.081227T0000Z-081227T1500Z/ MIDLAND-BAY-HURON-SAGINAW-TUSCOLA-SANILAC-SHIAWASSEE-GENESEE- LAPEER-ST. CLAIR-LIVINGSTON-OAKLAND-MACOMB-WASHTENAW-WAYNE- LENAWEE-MONROE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MIDLAND...BAY CITY...BAD AXE... SAGINAW...CARO...SANDUSKY...OWOSSO...FLINT...LAPEER... PORT HURON...HOWELL...PONTIAC...WARREN...ANN ARBOR...DETROIT... ADRIAN...MONROE 420 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008 ...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST SATURDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DETROIT/PONTIAC HAS ISSUED A DENSE FOG ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST SATURDAY. WIDESPREAD DENSE FOG IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN THIS EVENING AND LAST INTO SATURDAY MORNING. THE FOG WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE QUARTER OF A MILE...MAKING TRAVEL HAZARDOUS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A DENSE FOG ADVISORY MEANS VISIBILITIES WILL FREQUENTLY BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE. IF DRIVING...SLOW DOWN... USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS...AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE AHEAD OF YOU.

Flood Watch -- Washtenaw County

FLOOD WATCH NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI 340 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008 ...SNOW MELT AND HEAVY RAIN TO BRING POSSIBLE FLOODING TO SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN... .A DEVELOPING STORM SYSTEM OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS WILL FUNNEL ABUNDANT MOISTURE NORTH INTO THE AREA LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. IN THE MEANTIME...A COLD FRONT WILL SETTLE SOUTHEAST INTO LOWER MICHIGAN AND FOCUS THIS MOISTURE INTO WIDESPREAD RAIN. DUE TO THE DEGREE OF AVAILABLE MOISTURE...SOME OF THIS RAIN WILL BE HEAVY...WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS OF AROUND 2 INCHES BY SATURDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION...RAPID SNOW MELT IS ANTICIPATED AS THE TEMPERATURES CLIMB INTO THE 50S SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE COMBINATION OF THE SNOW MELT AND HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING...AS THE FROZEN GROUND CONTRIBUTES TO THE EXCESSIVE RUNOFF. ONE MORE FACTOR THAT MAY COME INTO PLAY IS THE EXTENSIVE ICE COVER ON AREA STREAMS AND RIVERS. AS THE RAIN AND MILDER AIR SPREADS INTO THE AREA...SOME OF THIS ICE WILL BREAK UP AND LEAD TO THE INCREASED RISK OF ICE JAMS IN PRONE AREAS. ALL OF THESE FACTORS WILL COMBINE TO BRING THE POSSIBILITY OF FLOODING THROUGHOUT THE AREA. MIZ055-061>063-068>070-075-076-270930- /O.CON.KDTX.FA.A.0003.081227T1200Z-081228T1200Z/ /00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ SANILAC-GENESEE-LAPEER-ST. CLAIR-LIVINGSTON-OAKLAND-MACOMB- WASHTENAW-WAYNE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SANDUSKY...FLINT...LAPEER... PORT HURON...HOWELL...PONTIAC...WARREN...ANN ARBOR...DETROIT 340 PM EST FRI DEC 26 2008 ...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING... THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR * A PORTION OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...GENESEE...LAPEER...LIVINGSTON...MACOMB...OAKLAND... SANILAC...ST. CLAIR...WASHTENAW AND WAYNE. * FROM SATURDAY TO SATURDAY NIGHT * EXCESSIVE RAINFALL OF AROUND 1 INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. RAPID SNOW MELT WILL PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF RUNOFF AS WELL. * FLOODING OF MANY STREAMS...CREEKS...ROADWAYS AND LOW LYING AREAS ARE POSSIBLE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.