Do You Stare At People?

I do it from time to time, NEVER to people that are actually disabled. I've LOOKED (I never STARE, just one glance usually and then my brain registers "omfg") over at people eating in buffets sometimes out of natural reaction due to their particular appearance. Sometimes I've stared at "preppy fashion" like "omfg...that's IN? How the hell could something so horrible be trendy?" and with preppy girls I don't care if they know I"m staring at them with hostility because they've done the same to me my entire life. Edited by Chernobyl

I have very good periferal vision,but I won't bother staring at anyone,its a waste if my time,too many fakes around.I keep good eye contact when talking to someone or at an interview,but cats are fun to stare at,they hate itLOL!

I'm not sure what you mean by staring. Something about someone's appearance might take me by surprise and warrant a double take from me, but then I just think: eh...whatever.

As far as remarks, I wouldn't say anything about someone who was disabled. I wouldn't see any reason to.

I might make a catty remark to a friend about someone who is horribly dressed or who is acting like a jackass. Who hasn't at one time or another? As far as I'm concerned, they're asking for it.

I (being the most stared at person I know) only stare at starers (word?)...

I may look at someone (for a time) who is taken as "disabled"... it is generally to marvel at some 'quirk of nature' (I am into seeing the diversity of Humanity)...OR to discern 'how they do it' (a mental/emotional excercise my Shrinker taught me)...

I'm not sure what you mean by staring. Something about someone's appearance might take me by surprise and warrant a double take from me, but then I just think: eh...whatever.

As far as remarks, I wouldn't say anything about someone who was disabled. I wouldn't see any reason to.

I might make a catty remark to a friend about someone who is horribly dressed or who is acting like a jackass. Who hasn't at one time or another? As far as I'm concerned, they're asking for it.

As in "stare" I meant when you look at someone for longer than just a moment to where you could possibly make another person feel uncomfortable. If a person is acting stupid, I can understand why another person would look at them because they are obviously trying to draw attention on themselves. Some people take any attention they can get; positive or negative.

I have very good periferal vision,but I won't bother staring at anyone,its a waste if my time,too many fakes around.I keep good eye contact when talking to someone or at an interview,but cats are fun to stare at,they hate itLOL!

You just hate those fakes. So do I. You have a fake meter or is it built in? :)

I've LOOKED (I never STARE, just one glance usually and then my brain registers "omfg") over at people eating in buffets sometimes out of natural reaction due to their particular appearance.

Personally, I can't dine at a buffet, it sickens me. I went to my first buffet in Maryland about 12 years ago, and I was horrified. It reminded me of a fucking feeding frenzy. Just looking at that sneeze guard and kids putting their fingers everywhere it is just gross. Piles upon piles of food were being wasted and people lining up to consume in excessive abandon.

Off topic item:

I read a story about a buffet who did not want a group of big construction workers that came in to eat, dining at their establishment. They would charge them twice and legal action was taken against the restaurant because it says: "All You Can Eat". The restaurant had to stop charging the workers twice.

Guest greyhalo

I tend to look away from people more than anything. I'm pretty aloof most of the time.

I had a brother who was disabled his entire life. He passed away a few years ago. So, people with various challenges remind me of him, and I try to understand them.

Only if there is a characteristic which I find idly fascinating about the person; whether they be uncommonly beautiful, or uncommonly mis-shapen, or perhaps they have a unusually prominent physical feature, or are expressively and/or nattily dressed. Sometimes I can't resist a few forgivably-human "double-takes" at wonderous people. :) I love diversity, so I enjoy taking in its many forms. I always reward the object of my temporary amusement with a warm smile and a nod if they catch my eye, in appreciation of their individualness. The chances of me striking up conversation with people I find so interesting are very high. :)

P.S. I NEVER look up or stare other at folks who are eating. I also find this odiously rude!

Edited by jynxxxedangel

So...My dad is in a wheelchair..been that way since i was 4 i grew up practically in ann arbor in u of m... well anyhow..I do look at people whom are disabled only to wonder what happened. Sometimes i do ask...

I do look at some preppy people like wtf are you wearing...thats why i dont dress like that...lol or...sometimes i will look at people and think..i wonder if i could pull that off...or...wtf....ugh....lol

well i know at buffets i dont normally eat alot and there are some that are really nice.

I dont stare at people who are handicapable becuase that is what everyone else does and I know being stared at sux because my brother was born with hydrocephalus and ever since he was a baby people stared. Even though he doesnt have it anymore he has a horizontal and a vertical scar on the side of his head and he says he doesnt care that people stare but he did and it used to hurt him. I dont stare at handicapable people but I do stare....

I stare at those assholes who think Im a side show. I like to stare at the because it pisses them off. It gets really funny after 10 minutes because they want to know what your looking at, you DUH!!!!!

I dont stare at people who are handicapable becuase that is what everyone else does and I know being stared at sux because my brother was born with hydrocephalus and ever since he was a baby people stared. Even though he doesnt have it anymore he has a horizontal and a vertical scar on the side of his head and he says he doesnt care that people stare but he did and it used to hurt him. I dont stare at handicapable people but I do stare....

I stare at those assholes who think Im a side show. I like to stare at the because it pisses them off. It gets really funny after 10 minutes because they want to know what your looking at, you DUH!!!!!

lol when people look at me with that disgusted look and i quote " yeah i know my hair is hot keep staring" and other such oddities come out of my mouth...and i dont even think my hair is that extreme...damn....people are strange.

Do you look at someone who is not like you and stare or even make remarks? Have you looked at a person who is disabled a little too long? Do you know people who do this? If so, why do you think they do it.

Yeah at work all the time We play a game called would you? You look at some one and say would you? And if they would have sex with that person you say yes or make fun of peopl who sit down and are waiting for a waiter. Or other reason customers are so dumb in troy alittle Yuppier but still dumb

But being a dumb ass is not being disabled just dumb

Edited by Jessika Fxckin rocks

They should alter the song, "Titties N Beer" to "Titties, Ass N Beer" because that is what I stare at when I do. Oh and protruding toes from sandals that scream, "Please! Someone get some sandpaper!"

Edited by Reaper

Guest greyhalo

They should alter the song, "Titties N Beer" to "Titties, Ass N Beer" because that is what I stare at when I do. Oh and protruding toes from sandals that scream, "Please! Someone get some sandpaper!"

You stare at beers...? What's you favorite?

• 3 weeks later...