Magic: The Gathering

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wwwway long ago, when I was 10 maybe.

Now we've all moved up to D&D every Saturday (I'm not shitting you). Then we play DDR afterwards.

We are THOSE kinda nerds :laugh:.

Edited by Chernobyl

Guest GodfallenPromos

Wwwway long ago, when I was 10 maybe.

Now we've all moved up to D&D every Saturday (I'm not shitting you). Then we play DDR afterwards.

I HATE DDR...but it's cuz I'm fat...and wear size 15 shoes...so yeah...no go....but...D&D is the shyt...I do miss M:tG though...I used to have SHYT loads of decks and cards....

I HATE DDR...but it's cuz I'm fat...and wear size 15 shoes...so yeah...no go....but...D&D is the shyt...I do miss M:tG though...I used to have SHYT loads of decks and cards....

Yeah...big feet...you know what they say about dudes with BIG FEET....................................................NEED BIG SHOES!

YEAH....Troy...other than our Geographical difference...I'ld L-ov-E to play some cards...we have Wednesday nights at Trixie's, as the official unofficial DORK night...

Cherny...do you need another member in your party??? :crybaby: PLEASE...I wanna' play D&D...I'll bring COOKIES! :thumbsup:

Guest GodfallenPromos

Yeah...big feet...you know what they say about dudes with BIG FEET....................................................NEED BIG SHOES!

YEAH....Troy...other than our Geographical difference...I'ld L-ov-E to play some cards...we have Wednesday nights at Trixie's, as the official unofficial DORK night...

Cherny...do you need another member in your party??? :crybaby: PLEASE...I wanna' play D&D...I'll bring COOKIES! :thumbsup:

Rev...cousin...lol....why does the thought of you making and bringing cookies to ANYTHING scare me...lol

Rev...cousin...lol....why does the thought of you making and bringing cookies to ANYTHING scare me...lol

Because he makes his cookies mixed with 100% pure love. And by love I mean arsenic.

Guest GodfallenPromos

Because he makes his cookies mixed with 100% pure love. And by love I mean arsenic.

actually....the idea of him in an apron is what I find funny/scary....think about it...some 6 ft + guy in SUPER colorful dreads comes to your house with an apron on, oven mitts...and a sheet of cookies.

actually....the idea of him in an apron is what I find funny/scary....think about it...some 6 ft + guy in SUPER colorful dreads comes to your house with an apron on, oven mitts...and a sheet of cookies.

:rofl:!!!!!!!!!

TOTAL FUCKING LULZ. I lulzed so hard just now I actually spit out coffee and possibly peed a little.

What is this Magic:The Gathering I hear people speak? :drool

and another question.. is M:tg nerdier than D&D?

I'd be up for something.. I can't say I'd do it every week, but maybe first & third thursday of every month would be aight.

I do need to get my ass started on building a type II deck.. *sighs & gets to work*

What is this Magic:The Gathering I hear people speak? :drool

and another question.. is M:tg nerdier than D&D?

I'd be up for something.. I can't say I'd do it every week, but maybe first & third thursday of every month would be aight.

I do need to get my ass started on building a type II deck.. *sighs & gets to work*

MTG and D&D while both "hobby games" are so different as to be not comparable. But , D&D is long held the title of "hardcore nerd game" over MTG. D&D is what i had to quit playing for fear of it sucking my life away, which was then repeated with the MMORPGS like EQ and WoW and such. *runs in fear* I miss it though. I also miss the fact that its like dirt cheap. Defiantly not something i could deal with only playing "once in awhile" with D&D it would have to be regular, or not at all.

I been looking at making a type II deck on and off today... the price , even for the cheapest of "real" decks is... high. Defiantly higher than a copy of Juxtapoz. :p

MTG and D&D while both "hobby games" are so different as to be not comparable. But , D&D is long held the title of "hardcore nerd game" over MTG. D&D is what i had to quit playing for fear of it sucking my life away, which was then repeated with the MMORPGS like EQ and WoW and such. *runs in fear* I miss it though. I also miss the fact that its like dirt cheap. Defiantly not something i could deal with only playing "once in awhile" with D&D it would have to be regular, or not at all.

I been looking at making a type II deck on and off today... the price , even for the cheapest of "real" decks is... high. Defiantly higher than a copy of Juxtapoz. :p

Sometimes, some things are worth the necessary evil.. and it's entertaining. :)

hehe Juxtapoz.. that's some high priced toilet paper there.. ;)

In high school there was pretty much nothing else to do ... they banned everything else or expelled you for everything.

So it was drill practice or MTG at lunch. We had drill before and after school too, so you can imagine which I picked. I just found a bunch of MTG cards in one of my boxes in the garage when we cleaned it out and gave them to my oldest daughter.

My ex is still really into D&D ... I could never understand it myself.

I used to play as far as hobby card games:

Legend Of The 5 Rings

Lunch Money

Vampire

Netrunner...

Could never get into Magic The Gathering... people seemed to take it so seriously....

I used to play as far as hobby card games:

Legend Of The 5 Rings

Lunch Money

Vampire

Netrunner...

Could never get into Magic The Gathering... people seemed to take it so seriously....

Depends on who you play with. Plenty of scrubs... er i mean.. "kitchen table players" out there to play with.

I played everything on that list except Netrunner on and off for a long time.

TYPE II.....?????

DO GO ON...

Ah well the basic idea is that , well you know there are some REALLY expensive cards out there ($500+ each).

So , to keep that in check they have different "formats" of MTG, which say what cards are allowed and what are not. Some of the older cards a totally outside of most peoples budget.

Type II also called "Standard" (Other formats like Vintage and Extended allow more expensive stuff to be played) magic is by far the most popular format for various reasons, but mainly because it says that you can only use more recent sets to play with, and thus people that don't have $2000 to pay for a competitive deck can still get in on "serious" play.

Currently Type II consists of the last (7? 8?) sets of cards that came out , and anything older than that is not allowed. The downside of this is that every so often you have to update your deck as the very old cards become disallowed.

...I don't have THAT kind of moneys...I also don't have the "uber-cards"...I'll have to look this up later....well...back to work.

Yeah thats why honestly something like 90% of the more "serious" magic players only play type II becasue the other formats are too expensive. Its still not cheap though. Costs about I'd say roughly the same cost as making a cheap Warmhammer 40k 2000 point army to make a MTG type II deck. ($200+ ish)

I use to watch my ex play, and giggle at some of his moves...

i still have a hard time w/ understanding what's going on. He tried to teach me, unfortunately, i am more a vidio-game kinda girl (LOVE to play, tho i suck at that, too.. lolz)

yeah, that's about it...

its a good game, tho. from what i did understand of it, (which was about next to noting...) yeah, I suck at life.