20,000+ Dead In China Quake. 40,000+ Dead In Burma

The only nice thing I can say is America is a shitty place that in turn, will obviously be filled with shitty people. Not 100% are shitty, but it gets worse every day. So much so that Raven and I are considering leaving country and starting our lives again elsewhere, THAT is how bad I fully detest everything about this country.

The sad thing about "freedom" is that it makes you realize most everyone is totally fucking ignorant and selfish. Sickeningly, most of us know/admit to this, and STILL don't care.

There, I said it, as harsh as it is, it's what I conceive to be the truth.

Not only did this affect me and I still think about it, I think about 9/11 at least a few times a week, Katrina, the tsunami from 2004, etc.

And personally, I couldn't tell you how much gas prices are, because I quite honestly couldn't give a shit. If you're bitching about gas, like I've said before, you can either take a bus or get a car that doesn't use gas. I don't feel sorry for anyone in America for being impacted by the price of gas, we have it so fucking made here it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear anyone complain about ANYTHING regarding this country...except the people of course.

Mad that gas is probably like $4 a gallon? (I'm guessing) You should be mad that most of the world lives on less than $4 a day. Think about it.

Edited by Chernobyl

Guest GodfallenPromos

The only nice thing I can say is America is a shitty place that in turn, will obviously be filled with shitty people. Not 100% are shitty, but it gets worse every day. So much so that Raven and I are considering leaving country and starting our lives again elsewhere, THAT is how bad I fully detest everything about this country.

The sad thing about "freedom" is that it makes you realize most everyone is totally fucking ignorant and selfish.

Not only did this affect me and I still think about it, I think about 9/11 at least a few times a week, Katrina, the tsunami from 2004, etc.

And personally, I couldn't tell you how much gas prices are, because I quite honestly couldn't give a shit. If you're bitching about gas, like I've said before, you can either take a bus or get a car that doesn't use gas. I don't feel sorry for anyone in America for being impacted by the price of gas, we have it so fucking made here it makes me sick to my stomach when I hear anyone complain about ANYTHING regarding this country...except the people of course.

Mad that gas is probably like $4 a gallon? (I'm guessing) You should be mad that most of the world lives on less than $4 a day. Think about it.

....I have a right to be somewhat upset about gas, cher...I don't even own a car and effects me, business wise...but thats besides the point of the thread...

Honestly..I would love to see us send aid...but America has too many broken bones to fix ourselves before we go over there and help anyone else. We shouldn't even have more then a damn Embassy in a country...because we don't have that kinda force to properly deal with EVERYONE elses problems, and ours. I personally blame the World Wars for a good load of our world mindset and position. Not only did it bring about our first economic depression...but it also brought about the ideal that "if we have a crisis somewhere in the world, call the Americans.....they will fix it". WE are not the worlds fucking police force....we are not it's fucking mom...there are LOTS of countries out there that are in the UN and NATO....send those people, because if I was ever president...I would tell NATO right away "No..we're not going...you got other countries....I'm tired of this shyt....send the French....send the Spainish....I'm halfway across the fucking globe...if nothing else, your closer!!!!"

oh..and Cher...twinkle twinkle, baby, twinkle twinkle...

Edited by GodfallenPromos

The sad thing about "freedom" is that it makes you realize most everyone is totally fucking ignorant and selfish. Sickeningly, most of us know/admit to this, and STILL don't care.

Your right,most of the society here is human trash,self centered,apathetic,and very hateful,most americans love to hate.sad to think at one time this was a good country,excellent post Cher!!

OKAY. Seems like my comment about oil may have contributed to these thoughts....so here's my response.

I DO care about these things....and the Oil comment means...that our government/media doesn't care because they can't make money. NOT that I don't care because they don't have oil. Same reason our troops are fighting a senseless war to help a country that the majority of the population doesn't even want us there...when we could have sent them to other areas of the world that need AND WANT our help....like during the Tsunami. Then again...aren't are troops trained for killing? who knows...gotta love military. (I don't dislike our troops...i think there are other things the leaders could do to put them to a more positive and productive purpose)

I can bitch about Gas prices all I want. I make CRAP money...I live alone and have no choice to live elsewhere....and even though I DO realize that I have it A LOT better than people in most countries........I am barely making it. I have went 3+ days without eating. We are ALL effected regardless of if we drive or not. You're bitching about how shitty people are in this country.....and moving elsewhere...if America is so great and we are all so unappreciative then why leave?

Oil prices effect everything.......including the cost of food....which you'll feel at some point as well. People are losing thier homes, people are losing thier jobs, people are paying upwards of 40%+ of thier incomes right now ALONE in Gas Prices....they can't afford to feed thier children...the factories and auto industries are FUCKED....Hell yeah we can bitch about Gas prices. Especially when last I checked....the middle east is paying CENTS on the gallon. I understand that people in other countries have it a lot worse.....but that doesn't mean we can't be right down there with them. Empires fall...its not so crazy to think that this one could too. Our economy is in the shitter....

Yes we have the abilities to help those people in asia.....and africa...and people all over the world with the general wealth of our nation.........but since our LEADERS aren't going to do the right thing....what do you expect us to do? What are YOU going to do? Are you going to skip a club night and send that money to China? Are you going to skip lunch and send a can of soup to Africa? I can't do a damn thing. All my money is going to Gas and....well shit...Fucking Survival. I paid $10 short on my cell phone just so I could go to City Club last weekend because I hadn't left the house in so long. You're telling me I can't complain...and I can't bitch about gas prices. How many of our moms told us to finish our plates because of starving kids in (insert third world country here).....do you still throw food away? OF course you do. Its the same difference. Don't tell people they are selfish and can't complain about shit.........tell people what they could be doing. Tell me what you think I should do with the extra money I have every month to help people, assuming of course that I had any extra cash every month considering gas prices tripled in the last 7 years. Come with solutions.....because all this comes down to is all of us bitching about other people bitching.

Where are the answers? What should we do? The sad truth is that this country is totally desensitized to everything...and most everyone will lie down and take it while bitching that no one else is doing anything. Everyone can look really smart telling everyone else how they can save the world, sitting in their computer chair.

Edited by xbittergracex

Wow honey these must be firecracker comments cuz everyone seems to have something to say to you!

All I'm saying is this - I have some bad news for you. I've lived in other countries. Same shit. Different latitude. Give it a whirl. It's a good time, just don't expect people to change with the climate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7390575.stm

why they dont want us to see...is it because things are usually bad for the masses there anyway..?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7391049.stm

quote from Wik: The Union of Myanmar is governed by a strict military dictatorship.

Edited by Homicidalheathen

There are studies that show a clear situation were people will give more time/energy/money if they are helping some particular single person, even if they know that same time/energy/money would be put to better use helping larger groups of people in need.

Which is a bit of a side point though, since the people willing to get involved at all are minuscule compared to the people of the "not my problem" attitude.

It sounds nice to say "we care" or "I'll help." but when it comes down to it, many of us are just not interested enough to do anything.