Saturday At Luna Vs Saturday At City Club?

I always am thinking in terms of best for DGN overall rather than "what i personally like" per-se. Since what i personally like/want and what is best for DGN are often not the same. For instance, "the night of the week" isn't particularly relevant for me personally, but it is for the vast majority of people on the board.

I have been going to Luna/the old Groove Room for many many years and in my opinon it has never been a "goth" club. They have always played great music that goths happen to like as well as many other sterotypes, but thats why I thought it was always labeled and called itself, an alternative night club. I prefer it over cc for many reasons that others have mentioned...cleaner,better neighborhood, great drink sepcials, and better music! The djs there always seem to play requests unlike cc and the staff, as compared to cc, is exceptional! I prefer thursdays a luna over any other night especially when the bartenders put on a dance show. There are really only 2 reasons I like to go to cc...its open late and the wonderful dgnrs that I get to socialize with there. You guys are fabulous! Last saturday at city I was sitting down and looked over my shoulder to see this nasty guy & girl fuking /sucking right next to me. It was sick and disturbing and I did move away, but the image was burned in my brain. Take that shit home or to the hotel. CC is so nasty in that aspect. All in all I do prefer Luna!

WOW! I knew I was not alone on this board. This is quite refreshing. Last saturday I went to crofoot, Luna, and then City. Luna was definately my favorite, hands down. Crofoot was ok with their usual light turnout. Luna was busy with their usual Saturday Night. City was just there with being open late with some good industrial tunes. I always have the best time at luna. It's clean & they are always making improvements to the place. I'm not saying to move the dgn night to Luna, I go to Luna and City on Saturdays. Luna has a diverse crowd and is not all goths(just to warn you). City is gross but I like the music they play.

If anyone wanted to move the dgn night to Luna, it would be me. I am in the minority along with a couple other people on here. I will just keep going to both places. :happydance

Does Luna still do that live-band nonsense on Friday nights? I used to like Luna for Friday nights, but I stopped going when they started that.

As for Saturday, if I have the means to go to a club, it's usually City. There's no way I would have the energy, or the money, to do two clubs in one night.

Does Luna still do that live-band nonsense on Friday nights? I used to like Luna for Friday nights, but I stopped going when they started that.

As for Saturday, if I have the means to go to a club, it's usually City. There's no way I would have the energy, or the money, to do two clubs in one night.

I think they do still have bands at Luna on Fridays unfortunatly. I used to love to go there on fridays too when chris rohn was the dj, but not now that they have bands.

Just as an aside... there is no goth or industrial club in detroit, in the traditional sense. Its just "the closest thing we have" type situation. The idea of "goth/industrial" either/or has always been diffuse and hard to define, and becomes more so as time passes. I have my own personal opinion about "what is goth" or "what is industrial", but just like everyone else i also have an asshole. =P

I know I complain about it now and again just like everyone else, but City will always be the place I go back to. Luna is indeed cleaner and propagates less drama, but City will always flourish in my blackened little heart, lol. I always have good time at both places, but then again, a good time is wherever you make it. :thumbup:

I go to Luna every Saturday and "lame" is a completely false way to describe it. It is busy usually with a line out the door.

It is a diverse crowd: yuppies, punk, emo, tourists, goth, etc...

I wish it was open until 4:30 like city. I usually drag some people over to City after Luna. Most of them say City Club is gross. I enjoy both clubs & I am thankful I have 2 clubs to go to to make me forget about the dreadful work week I have coming up.

Thank you Luna & City :thumbsup:

one day karma,condemning of the building,or a club willing to go head to head will end the grip that cc has on the scene. nothing lasts forver. whether or not luna is the next best alternative... i dont know. the club itself is decent, but didn't they just cancel all the nights they had going that were related to the scene?