Sonic Drive-in Is Coming To Michigan

I believe Hot-N-Now are the same as In-N-Out. The only one I know of for sure is in Monroe. The one on Eureka near the airport closed years ago.

Hunhee - Sonic has the distinction of having both the typical slushies flavored with artificial syrups, AND slushies flavored with real fruit. The real fruit ones are delicious.

Bojangles - now we're talking greaseball food. I rarely ate there while in NC. Though a hot cinnamon biscuit was tasty once in a while.

Thusfar, I believe this is the only planned Sonic.

Del Taco - I stop in for a crunchy fish taco whenever I'm in the area, they're unique and fantastic. Otherwise, I think their stuff is overpriced for the sizes.

Alrighty. Commence the fish taco jokes.

I do love thee but Hot N Now is definately NOT the same as In and Out. But I wish it was....

oh, and I'm Latin. Fish Tacos RULE (for you So Cal kiddies Taco Nazo was the bomb....)

Edited by Steven

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish Taco.... you are kidding... right?

they are fricken awesome brutha (although I never had them from Del taco)

shrimp tacos and shrimp burrittos too.....that's baja styled food is what that is.....you gotta have them with shredded cabbage and lime AND roasted chiles........it'll change yoru religion

• 3 weeks later...

There's a Hot-n-Now at the corner of... I think it's 15 and Gratiot or something like that. Apparently there's like 16 locations open still. I love that place

There's a Del Taco over by Macomb Mall. I tried it once. It was overpriced, too small, and tacos with fries??? COME ON

As for Sonic, when I type in my zip code the closest one that comes up is in Indiana. 139 miles away :( If I traveled to Southgate regularly, I'd be excited about it, but it's just too far. Oh well. When I'm rich, I'm opening one in fast food alley on Garfield where McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell, and EVERY OTHER fast food restaurant is and I'm gonna put them all out of business!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAAA

There's a Hot-n-Now at the corner of... I think it's 15 and Gratiot or something like that. Apparently there's like 16 locations open still. I love that place

There's a Del Taco over by Macomb Mall. I tried it once. It was overpriced, too small, and tacos with fries??? COME ON

Hot 'N' Now location: 11 1/2 and Gratiot, more or less 1/2 a mile west from where I used to live.

Del Taco also serves burgers, but I think tacos and fries are awesome. 'Specially with a nice cold Mr. Pibb.

:)

Hot 'N' Now location: 11 1/2 and Gratiot, more or less 1/2 a mile west from where I used to live.

Del Taco also serves burgers, but I think tacos and fries are awesome. 'Specially with a nice cold Mr. Pibb.

:)

UTICA AND GRATIOT

I knew it was either Utica or 15... What's at 15 and Gratiot?

Target... Ok, I have my businesses straightened out, you may continue with your logical conversation

• 2 weeks later...

UTICA AND GRATIOT

I knew it was either Utica or 15... What's at 15 and Gratiot?

Target... Ok, I have my businesses straightened out, you may continue with your logical conversation

LOL...this is too funny!! There isnt a Target on 15 and Gratiot. There is one on 23 and Gratiot. At 15 and Gratiot there is an Old Country Buffet that I really like to eat at, but other than that I dont think that there are any other eating places at 15 and Gratiot. There is also a Target on Gratiot and I think between 14 and 13 mile....if I remember correctly...all I know is that it isnt on 15 and Gratiot.

Hope that helps.

Gratiot also has a lot of fast food restaurants around the 16 mile area. That would also be another good spot to put a Sonic.

I've never had their food, but I have had a slushie, and they're good.

NOW! If they put an In-N-Out in Michigan, I'll be geeked! best hamburgers EVER! (Or anywhere near the east) CA based.

double double animal style yo.

or even better - animal style Protein Burger...mmmmmmmm

God I fucking miss In N Out

LOL...this is too funny!! There isnt a Target on 15 and Gratiot. There is one on 23 and Gratiot. At 15 and Gratiot there is an Old Country Buffet that I really like to eat at, but other than that I dont think that there are any other eating places at 15 and Gratiot. There is also a Target on Gratiot and I think between 14 and 13 mile....if I remember correctly...all I know is that it isnt on 15 and Gratiot.

Hope that helps.

Gratiot also has a lot of fast food restaurants around the 16 mile area. That would also be another good spot to put a Sonic.

When I used to work at Target (The Hall and Schoenherr location), we always called it 15 and Gratiot because that's what everyone thought so we just went with it. It's at 14 and a half though.

I cant believe theres such a passionate discussion about a fast food place!

Hunhee, if you go, don't tell the cult.

Looking at the menu adds 100 calories alone.

Their "regular" food is fine (burgers and such), its the weird combinations they come up with that are cool

I never thought a banana cream pie would work in a milkshake.

Ohhh, but it does. MMMMMMM.

• 3 months later...

I've never had their food, but I have had a slushie, and they're good.

NOW! If they put an In-N-Out in Michigan, I'll be geeked! best hamburgers EVER! (Or anywhere near the east) CA based.

I used to love In-N-Out and Weinerschneitzel when I used to live in Huntington Beach CA

Wow, about time, I've only been seeing the commercials for Sonic for like two years now.

I remember all the hype when we got the first Del Taco in the midwest - right in the Macomb Mall parking lot. I'm a bit skeptic as to how good their meat is though, they're like five times cheaper than Taco Bell and Taco Bell uses grade D meat :ralph:.

Yeah, Del Taco is Gross I ate there a few times when I stayed in California and it was nasty fucking tacos everytime. I bought great tasting homemade tacos from the hispanic women in Los Angeles.

Hmmm Hot-n-Now. There is one on 23 mile East of I-94.

Cheese filled tatter tots.... *drools*

They sell cheesey tots at BK

Edited by Michiko_Dreads

If you've been a bit further south, you might have enjoyed a slushie or other goodie from Sonic Drive-in.

I found out today they are building the first Michigan Sonic in front of the Meijer's store in Southgate at Fort Street near Pennsylvania.

I, myself, am geeked. Srsly. :peanutbutterjellytime:

I saw that and can't wait until it opens.

ok... getting hungry reading this thread --altho sooo bad for the body.

In N Out -- loved in Cali when I lived there.

ChickFilA rocks.

Sonic!!! Love their shakes.

Not a fan of DelTaco, altho a fish taco from an authentic place is spectacular. Really.

Not a fan of Hot n Now, Rallys, or White Castle. I can tolerate Taco Hell sometimes.

What about A&W? Rootbeer floats...

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, we drove past Sonic last night and the lines were freakin' unbelievable. It was about 10 pm and the lines looked like they were wrapped aroung Meijer. The food had better give me several orgasms in a row if I'm going to wait in a line like that.