Horror films old & new

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House on hauted Hill was the first horro flik I ever saw....saw it as a kid in a theater....scared the beegebers out of me and made a lasting impresion on my tender young mind....I couldn't have been more then 7 or 8. I am talking the original with Vincent Price....like truely horrer movies that mess with your head...don't like slashers to much.....does anybody remember a really old one called Carnival....really old black and white....loved it.

I liked Exorcist III as well. I think you can buy that one at Wal_Mart for like $5!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can find it...they pulled it to remaster and try to get to dvd..if you see one I WANT IT! :grin I so loved that flick...Brad Douriff and George C. Scott Ooooo baby! :grin

House on hauted Hill was the first horro flik I ever saw....saw it as a kid in a theater....scared the beegebers out of me and made a lasting impresion on my tender young mind....I couldn't have been more then 7 or 8. I am talking the original with Vincent Price....like truely horrer movies that mess with your head...don't like slashers to much.....does anybody remember a really old one called Carnival....really old black and white....loved it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes 1stlover...I'm with you on House On Haunted Hill. When I was at that age I could hardly stand the damned music without wanting to cry. Carnival was a trip and very ahead of it's time so you got me on 2 counts babe. Great taste :woot:

If you can find it...they pulled it to remaster and try to get to dvd..if you see one I WANT IT!  :grin I so loved that flick...Brad Douriff and George C. Scott Ooooo baby! :grin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am pretty sure I can find it.

One DVD.

$5

Think I just saw it a couple days ago.

I'll let you know what I find today, I have to go there anyways.

they just dont make horror like they use to but i like halloween, night of the living dead, the birds, the blair witch project, tales from the crypt demon knight, saw, the grudge, its sooo many i could spends days building on this. ooh oooh deadly friend! remember that! ummm troll used to freak me out and umm the lair of the white worm and oh yeah batman and robin still gives me nightmares

• 2 weeks later...

:fear I'm hearing BAD things about The Exorcism OF Emily Rose and I can't beleive it! I'm going to buy into this until I investigate this 1st hand friends.

I saw Constantine and wasn't totally disappointed with it but much like Van Helsing it was more of a action movie for the family than horror of any kind. We'll see kittens :confused

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll try to add a few here. Let me first say I can't believe someone mentioned Day of the Triffids, I have it on tape. Thought I was one of very few who saw it.

LIST:

Prince of Darkness, Carpenter film, great score.

Halloween I..after seeing it at the hteater, My friend and I actually looked in the back seat of my car.

Halloween II was good.

Friday the 13th...first movie

The Thing...Carpenter's remake

Zombie...creepy and gory, the eyeball scene is worth renting it

House of Usher...original with Vincent Price

Motel Hell..it takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters

Food of the Gods I

That's all I can think of right now, will add more if I remember titles.

I'll try to add a few here.  Let me first say I can't believe someone mentioned Day of the Triffids, I have it on tape.  Thought I was one of very few who saw it.

LIST:

Prince of Darkness, Carpenter film, great score.

Halloween I..after seeing it at the hteater, My friend and I actually looked in the back seat of my car.

Halloween II was good.

Friday the 13th...first movie

The Thing...Carpenter's remake

Zombie...creepy and gory, the eyeball scene is worth renting it

House of Usher...original with Vincent Price

Motel Hell..it takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters

Food of the Gods I

That's all I can think of right now, will add more if I remember titles.

Very very nice list.... John Carpenter is a GAWD!!! I would also recommend the films of Director Dario Argento!!!!

Oh the pain I have to show you......

Hellraisor up to bloodlines

Jason and Freddy flicks (in my minds true classics)

Shining is a classic....old one not new garbage.

Saw 1 and 2

JAWS

Both Dawn of the Deads

Both Chainsaw Massacres

Re-animator.....classic cheese.

there are more but I can't think of any....I will add when I do

:nut Haven't heard a BAD one yet folks!

YEY!

I just saw a bad oldie Lemora: A child's Tal Of The Supernatural ok it was good for being a horror film yes, but this one did indeed suck the mayor.

Saw the 1st ever Ghost Hunter Halloween Special that was fun! I love Grant, Jay and Kevin :grin

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen, that remake of the original dawn of the dead with daigo argento or something or another? I've seen it @ best buy, and I wanna know if its good like the original with romero by himself and the original music and comedy bits in it. I know it called dawn of the dead zombi. Oh and can somebody get me a copy of event horizon for under 10 on dvd?