A Phone Call

Last night my ex, the one after my son's father, called me up. He cried his eyes out and apologized to me. He said that he couldn't believe he had lost something so special and someone who was so good to him. He told me that he realized once he had lost me all that was gone and begged me to forgive him. He said that he needed me and missed me and couldn't go another day without seeing me. He asked how my son was and cried when he told me that he missed him. Then he called me this morning to wish me a great day and asked me to call him later. He said that he wanted to see me tonight and that he was so happy to hear my voice again.

What do I do? He's not the crying kind of guy. At all. And I really cared about him a lot. Everything just got confused over his baby's mom and my baby's dad. I think that we both were hurting over our loses and ruined what we had by trying to get back something that wasn't worth having.

But I don't know that I can trust this. He did leave once already. And I don't know if I can do it again.

Any advice?

The only advice I can give is it's probably better to wait 6 months before getting into a relationship with ANYONE.

You're on the rebound from 2 people pretty much. Wouldn't you think you need some time to get your feelings, emotions & head straight?

I'm a fan of Dr. Joy Brown, and she always recommends a 6-month "single" period under circumstances like this. I think it'd help you out, to be honest.

You already said in another thread that you have decided that you and your son are all you need. You've made that determination within yourself - - Now stick to it! :)

Be friends with this man if you'd like. Heck, go out to McD's once in a while. But don't do anything else and have some separation from ANY ONE you are/were involved with for a while. Give yourself some time to get things back together for yourself . . . and for your son . . . . and then start from there. And I'm not talking just a few days or a couple of weeks. Fierce Critter is very right, in my opinion. 6 months is an excellent starting point.

It has been my (very recent) experience that if he left once, he will leave again. To make matters worse, it's WAY harder when he does it a second time, because you have the disappointment factor on top of the hurt of being rejected. Just don't do it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

• Board Domination Week CXXVI Day 3 - Tuesday's Top Ranks   1. TronRP - 23 posts 2. Simon Bar Sinister - 10 posts 3. know_buddy_kares - 10 posts   Possible Rank Contenders 4. et-novum - 6 posts 5. Anna Phylaxis - 5 posts
    • 12:00am - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list) TronRP
    • Been on auto insurance quotes for the past 7 hours trying to  assist my niece in finding affordable coverage.  This sucks for young people in Michigan.  Then it's compounded by living in the city of Detroit. 
    • Is this @cthulhu63's doing? I remember the FB post gauging interest but I didn't realize it was big enough for Mlive to catch it.
    • ~~~~~ What angers me the most about the entire incident is that it shouldn't have even been a thing.  I take my vehicle in for service every year and they are supposed to do specific point inspections for each maintenance check.  My brake line was completely rusted through and finally gave up the goat.  When I mentioned that at the service center and also how they said I was supposed to have an undercarriage zinc wash, the first thing the rep said was, "Well, you know how the weather is here and how the rain water and salt can corrode the underside of vehicles."    Yeah, I almost lost it.  That was the reason for me having the anti-corrosion wash done!  Literally, all 3 brake lines were 100% corroded on the external with the one eaten completely through.   I told them that thanks to this, when I get my vehicle back, I'm going to be under there with my inspection mirror because now I don't trust anything.  She then goes on to tell me that I hadn't been there since September of 2022.  But a service should last longer than one month and my vehicle started slowly losing break fluid less than 6 months later with being driven half the usual time and distance due to a change in Trene's doctors being closer to the Detroit city limit.   I have always worked on my vehicles myself.  Growing up, my father was an off and on mechanic and my brother was a military mechanic, so working on vehicles is practically in my blood.  The only thing I don't do is undercarriage stuff because I do not have the equipment for it, but I have a shade-tree mechanic neighbor who is willing to help me out with that.  My dealership warranty was up in 2019, so I have no issues with handling things myself going forward.   ~~~~~ My sister's situation was caused by an accident and the last thing I need is for her to lose faith in my abilities due to someone else's inability to properly do their job because auto places generally have an unspoken rule that they can get more work and money of off female drivers because we don't understand our vehicles and need their assistance. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.