But Rayne:

Can you?

I would say it's a proven Asthma trigger for a number of Asthmatics and many of those Asthmatics are not of legal age to care for themselves.

As far as scientific evidence, I'm afraid, that's as far as I can go with that.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true....

I will restate....

Is there evidence then?

I do not know for certain. I mean, don't people get lung cancer and Emphasyma (sp?) from smoking? I have never really looked into it to be honest.

Well, I know that ... so far nothing has stopped them though. I know people who's kids have been hospitalized because of it (Asthma and other respitory related illnesses) and it still continues.

How is this law going to help those kids...apparently..the parents don't give a fuck...and..sometimes, people just have bad lungs...asthma has existed for hundreds of hundreds of years...

This happened to me ... in 95...I smoked outside from then on (instead of the basement)...my daughter got better and I got tougher (it was winter)...

Easy fix to me...but people are now trying to make me HAVE to smoke in my house because of some other douche bags blowing their smoke at peoples..."fuckin' shit" I say...

Is there evidence that second hand smoke has ever caused one death?

No.

Are there many studies that say "Maybe"?

Yes.

Maybe is not proof positive.

Is there proof that smoke is an Asthma trigger?

Yes.

Is there proof that to keep an asthatic away from all possible triggers requires them living in a plastic bubble?

Yes.

How much are you willing to go the put the rest of the world in a plastic bubble to protect yourself?

Guest GodfallenPromos

what about a cop that smokes in a cop car...because I been there....

look...when it comes to kids...I'll make it simple...it has to come down to RESPONSIBLITY and RESPECT.

Rev doesn't light up a smoke inside around his kid.

I wouldn't either, out of respect for Rev and his household.

If we're outside, and his kid is running around in the back yard...and Rev light one up, I would probably light one as well...because it's ok then, by his standards.

If I'm at an event or park, and Phee was at a park, would I light up? not around his kids, out of respect for the way he wishes to raise his kids, but thats not gonna stop me from lighting one up 40 yards away from them when I'm in my own "zone".

oh...and most restaurants are considered public property by law, specially if their a chain.

and yes Rev...if THAT law ever gets passed...you would have to order takeout or go through a drive-thru window, hypothetically, because your considered "detrimental" to the dining exp.

odd that it would be your weight and not your hair or your mental issues, huh?

Guest GodfallenPromos

The same can be said for a dusty house... Should we enforce severe dusting laws... What about Grill smoke? Or pollen? Axianty? My Mom burnt a roast once... my little brother almost died from the asthma attack the smoked caused.. should we outlaw my Mom's cooking?

lol...if she is gonna burn a perfectly find roast...your damn skippy I'll look into it!!!....lol

look...when it comes to kids...I'll make it simple...it has to come down to RESPONSIBLITY and RESPECT.

If we're outside, and his kid is running around in the back yard...and Rev light one up, I would probably light one as well...because it's ok then, by his standards.

If I'm at an event or park, and Phee was at a park, would I light up? not around his kids, out of respect for the way he wishes to raise his kids, but thats not gonna stop me from lighting one up 40 yards away from them when I'm in my own "zone".

oh...and most restaurants are considered public property by law, specially if their a chain.

and yes Rev...if THAT law ever gets passed...you would have to order takeout or go through a drive-thru window, hypothetically, because your considered "detrimental" to the dining exp.

*shaking fist in the air*

hey..I'm not violent...

& good points

If everyone were as respectful as you sir.... then there would be no need for this discussion.... but some people only respond to stuff because they are afraid of getting in trouble.... that is who this refers to.

Guest GodfallenPromos

*shaking fist in the air*

hey..I'm not violent...

& good points

being violent wouldn't matter....what if you were mentally handicapped to the point where it affected you physically?? like the way you talked or walked. People would get offended...and soon that would become a ban.

this is just gonna open those doors.

Guest GodfallenPromos

If everyone were as respectful as you sir.... then there would be no need for this discussion.... but some people only respond to stuff because they are afraid of getting in trouble.... that is who this refers to.

lol...we can fix that phee...we can make a bill to pass a law to make it legal for me to pretend to be Hannibal Lector for 2 years...lol...then I can go around and kill the discourteous!!!

lol...we can fix that phee...we can make a bill to pass a law to make it legal for me to pretend to be Hannibal Lector for 2 years...lol...then I can go around and kill the discourteous!!!

lol

If non smokers are going to complain about smokers then they might as well complain about car exhaust and those huge factory smoke stacks emitting much more pollutants than a few cigarettes,gotta love when apples and oranges are being compared

being violent wouldn't matter....what if you were mentally handicapped to the point where it affected you physically?? like the way you talked or walked. People would get offended...and soon that would become a ban.

this is just gonna open those doors.

Those doors were closed by my dearly departed G-father ... when he and his mates destroyed the Nazis...

Those doors were closed by my dearly departed G-father ... when he and his mates destroyed the Nazis...

Oh and I also read that Hitler was an anti smoker and they (the nazis - from what I read) tried the same tactics that are being applied here in America with the SHS bans.

Funny how history repeats its self.

Oh and I also read that Hitler was an anti smoker and they (the nazis - from what I read) tried the same tactics that are being applied here in America with the SHS bans.

Funny how history repeats its self.

the thread has reached Hitler already eh?

Archived