DGN Night aftermath - Reports?

We had a great time. It was just like old days in some ways, some ways not. I see a repeat trip at some point in the future.

Who did I see?

Sycosis - ;)
Sycosis' Brother - Glad you could come - We'll do it again!
FreakLord - I need a hero.....
Scary Guy - Great job with the music.
Sommer - So glad to have some one-on-one chat time with you. Let's keep it up. Thanks for dancing :).
Jen with the black hair (don't know her name on here) - The lipstick I was talking about from the drugstore was Milani. http://milanicosmetics.com/Color-Statement-Lipstick.html
Sebashtian and Friend (sorry, name escapes me)
WaterLily and Titus - So lovely to have seen them.
Tron - I can totally find that movie for you...:laugh: 
Robert V - Nice to see you again.
Shaun - Nice to meet you, thanks for taking care of Troy and Bobbi.
Keith and Guy in the Kilt - I've been gone 10 years and there you are - :respect:

Troy - Thanks for planning this. We had a blast.
Bobbi - Hope you had a better time than it appeared - a little less front loading may be in order next time. (hugs)

OK, who did I miss? anybody?

It was great seeing people I actually knew. Sorry I was so anti-social, but I really enjoy dancing. :blushing:

I am really not sure who was all there with the exception of people who actually interacted with me...however I think I did see d:konstruct sitting on the couch when I first arrived, but then again, it was pretty dark...

I enjoyed dancing with everyone who hit the floor as well as the dance session with someone named "Erin" I believe - that was too much fun.

Thank you FrEaKLORd for being "That Guy"

Thank you sycosis and Marblez for dragging me away from that skewed artistic impression of an introspective view of an injured madman's delusion a.k.a. "Tetsuo: The Iron Man" ... no need to find it for me...:wacko:

I found it very interesting how different the atmospheres of the dance floors were. I spent about 2 hours on each. Thank you DJ's! :dj:

Thank you Troy for making this happen. I would have still had visions of my last experience there if I had not gone to this one. There were so few people there that it actually felt like a private party...by invitation only...:hrhr:

Jenn doesn't have an account on here AFAIK, and she probably won't as she's not very social (although I keep trying to get her to be.)  It can be hard for me as well although I'm FAR more social than she is and even that isn't a lot.

I have admittedly been very lazy with playlists, I'll try to get on that more.

Tron is a non-stop dance machine and I was quite impressed.

I hope most people enjoyed the music and I hope to put this on each month for as long as I can get away with it.  It felt like old times again, specifically back when I was in my early 20's.  The only difference was the lack of a parking structure, many people not being there (some for the better), and having a better sound system with two rooms of music.

Each month we switch rooms so next month I'll be spinning in the back room instead of the front.  The front I don't focus on dance so much as eclectic music (although this time I kind of had to since the back system was glitching out.  On the plus side only one sub blew instead of three like we thought.)

Troy seems to have had a good time so hopefully he'll keep putting his name on it.  Serious thanks to him as without his help I'd probably have had 20 people instead of 72+!  (and yes I know it didn't seem like that many but the door count was around that.)

On 6/20/2016 at 0:41 AM, Marblez said:

We had a great time. It was just like old days in some ways, some ways not. I see a repeat trip at some point in the future.

Who did I see?

Sycosis - ;)
Sycosis' Brother - Glad you could come - We'll do it again!
FreakLord - I need a hero.....
Scary Guy - Great job with the music.
Sommer - So glad to have some one-on-one chat time with you. Let's keep it up. Thanks for dancing :).
Jen with the black hair (don't know her name on here) - The lipstick I was talking about from the drugstore was Milani. http://milanicosmetics.com/Color-Statement-Lipstick.html
Sebashtian and Friend (sorry, name escapes me)
WaterLily and Titus - So lovely to have seen them.
Tron - I can totally find that movie for you...:laugh: 
Robert V - Nice to see you again.
Shaun - Nice to meet you, thanks for taking care of Troy and Bobbi.
Keith and Guy in the Kilt - I've been gone 10 years and there you are - :respect:

Troy - Thanks for planning this. We had a blast.
Bobbi - Hope you had a better time than it appeared - a little less front loading may be in order next time. (hugs)

OK, who did I miss? anybody?

Look kids, that's like an A+ style oldschool aftermath report. 

8 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Jenn doesn't have an account on here AFAIK, and she probably won't as she's not very social (although I keep trying to get her to be.)  It can be hard for me as well although I'm FAR more social than she is and even that isn't a lot.

I have admittedly been very lazy with playlists, I'll try to get on that more.

Tron is a non-stop dance machine and I was quite impressed.

I hope most people enjoyed the music and I hope to put this on each month for as long as I can get away with it.  It felt like old times again, specifically back when I was in my early 20's.  The only difference was the lack of a parking structure, many people not being there (some for the better), and having a better sound system with two rooms of music.

Each month we switch rooms so next month I'll be spinning in the back room instead of the front.  The front I don't focus on dance so much as eclectic music (although this time I kind of had to since the back system was glitching out.  On the plus side only one sub blew instead of three like we thought.)

Troy seems to have had a good time so hopefully he'll keep putting his name on it.  Serious thanks to him as without his help I'd probably have had 20 people instead of 72+!  (and yes I know it didn't seem like that many but the door count was around that.)

You did a great job, thanks for all the efforts. Honestly it's appreciated, even if I can't help as much as I would have been able to in years past.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:10 AM, TronRP said:

It was great seeing people I actually knew. Sorry I was so anti-social, but I really enjoy dancing. :blushing:

I am really not sure who was all there with the exception of people who actually interacted with me...however I think I did see d:konstruct sitting on the couch when I first arrived, but then again, it was pretty dark...

I enjoyed dancing with everyone who hit the floor as well as the dance session with someone named "Erin" I believe - that was too much fun.

Thank you FrEaKLORd for being "That Guy"

Thank you sycosis and Marblez for dragging me away from that skewed artistic impression of an introspective view of an injured madman's delusion a.k.a. "Tetsuo: The Iron Man" ... no need to find it for me...:wacko:

I found it very interesting how different the atmospheres of the dance floors were. I spent about 2 hours on each. Thank you DJ's! :dj:

Thank you Troy for making this happen. I would have still had visions of my last experience there if I had not gone to this one. There were so few people there that it actually felt like a private party...by invitation only...:hrhr:

Great recap. Wish I knew who 'erin' was. I think I met 1 new person that whole night (unusual for me).

I remember at one point I was like WTF... no one is dancing (well tron but I now thin she's an android... a good dancer android though hehe) So I just walked right to the middle of the dance floor and stayed there until more people started dancing (that's how it works) not that we had enough to fill the thing.

Had a good time. Thanks to Shaun for driving us and putting up with our asses. *points up to video*

23 hours ago, Troy Spiral said:

You did a great job, thanks for all the efforts. Honestly it's appreciated, even if I can't help as much as I would have been able to in years past.

You do alright man, no worries.  At least this still exists.

Rackula is back in its original spot (I got to use a circular saw!) and filled with all the best amps (the ones we bought and some of the older ones that we cleaned out).  The EAW subs had a bad re-cone job so the good ones were glued and the bad ones will have to be sent in for a better re-coning.  Anyway I'm going back tonight to fix the rest of the sound issues.