Holy HELL! Japan hit by 8.9 quake

They've reassessed the strength of the quake to be a 9.0.

Rather minor still compared to the actual damage of the tsunami that rolled through. I was looking at the 200 photos of the devastation on yahoo today, and was amazed at how destructive mother nature can be.

you miss the 2 key points of the statement.

The first and most obvious being our media loves nothing better than tragedy.

The second being get info from more than one source because they make "facts" up.

Then here you are posting 1 story from the second most mistrusted circus in town.

If NBC or FOX said they where reporting on a mass suicide in front of my house I wouldn't believe the death tool it till I went outside and counted the bodies. I also wouldn't leave the TV till after they started quoting from my eyewitness report that I would have never given them in the first place. See what I'm saying?

Then you have the fact that you posted almost 3 days after me, giving time for realistic assessments to be reported.

I have been paying attention to the BBC, CBC, Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk, and Notizie una just to name a few.

The (for lack of a better term) running tally is still being reported lower in the rest of the world than it is here.

Kind of makes ya wonder.

But screw all that, the worse has yet to come. Till they defuse those ticking time bombs over there I really can't care about how many the earthquake and tsunami killed.

you miss the 2 key points of the statement.

The first and most obvious being our media loves nothing better than tragedy.

The second being get info from more than one source because they make "facts" up.

Then here you are posting 1 story from the second most mistrusted circus in town.

If NBC or FOX said they where reporting on a mass suicide in front of my house I wouldn't believe the death tool it till I went outside and counted the bodies. I also wouldn't leave the TV till after they started quoting from my eyewitness report that I would have never given them in the first place. See what I'm saying?

Then you have the fact that you posted almost 3 days after me, giving time for realistic assessments to be reported.

I have been paying attention to the BBC, CBC, Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk, and Notizie una just to name a few.

The (for lack of a better term) running tally is still being reported lower in the rest of the world than it is here.

Kind of makes ya wonder.

But screw all that, the worse has yet to come. Till they defuse those ticking time bombs over there I really can't care about how many the earthquake and tsunami killed.

Everyone keeps acting like it's going to be another Chernobyl, and while possible, I don't think it's likely. And since I am Chernobyl, Herself, I am qualified and approve this message :rofl:.

Obviously there will be a degree of radiation contamination, there already has been, but I doubt it will be on the same scale. I could be wrong, time will tell.

Everyone keeps acting like it's going to be another Chernobyl, and while possible, I don't think it's likely. And since I am Chernobyl, Herself, I am qualified and approve this message :rofl:.

Obviously there will be a degree of radiation contamination, there already has been, but I doubt it will be on the same scale. I could be wrong, time will tell.

You are correct, it isn't, yet. And yet it is.

Forget what immediate effects Chernobyl had on the surrounding area.

Then ask yourself, who profited from Chernobyl's melt down.

Oh yes, someone or better stated some group profited from the change in the mindset of many individuals.

Mark my words the "demand cheap nuclear energy" movement over here is going to suffer again.

Back to the immediate human tragedy over there, someone will die trying to keep containment.

The earthquake isn't done claiming lives.

Or if you want to listen to the nut jobs :drool HAARP isn't done.

Now the scaremongers have the west coast causing KI shortages.

The site that Sweden claims they will be able to detect fallout soon.

Like they detected fallout from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. OOOOOOOO did west coast American suffer ill effects from those?

I'm not sure about this, maybe Chernobyl can answer. Have people located in America when Chernobyl went critical gotten sick from it?

All these people are going to do is give the government another in to ban the sail of over the counter vitamin and minerals.

We all know that big pharma wants it, now this unwarranted panic just gives 'em another plank on the bridge.

Have people located in America when Chernobyl went critical gotten sick from it?

No, when the nuclear plant went in Chernobyl it released a visible plume of radiation. The people living in the USSR at the time (and keep in mind Pritpyat and Chernobyl were AFFLUENT for USSR standards, think Birmingham) even ran up to the bridge in town to watch the sparkling strange clouds, not realizing that they were receiving harmful gigantic amounts of radiation by doing so. USSR didn't like to keep their people educated, as we know now.

But the long standing effects of Chernobyl includes: Nobody is supposed to live in the immediate area for 250-500 years, deformations in children in the area being born, high detectable thyroid cancer rates among the already born, a condition called "Chernobyl Heart" that can be deadly if not fixed with surgery, the plume extended NE hitting Poland, Russia, Scandinavia, Romania and everything around those areas.

We did NOT have any immediate detrimental effects in America, nor really on any other continent besides Europe, and mostly Eastern Europe at that. I did not hear about the fallout being heavily detectable in other areas of the world, but I could be wrong.

No, when the nuclear plant went in Chernobyl it released a visible plume of radiation. The people living in the USSR at the time (and keep in mind Pritpyat and Chernobyl were AFFLUENT for USSR standards, think Birmingham) even ran up to the bridge in town to watch the sparkling strange clouds, not realizing that they were receiving harmful gigantic amounts of radiation by doing so. USSR didn't like to keep their people educated, as we know now.

But the long standing effects of Chernobyl includes: Nobody is supposed to live in the immediate area for 250-500 years, deformations in children in the area being born, high detectable thyroid cancer rates among the already born, a condition called "Chernobyl Heart" that can be deadly if not fixed with surgery, the plume extended NE hitting Poland, Russia, Scandinavia, Romania and everything around those areas.

We did NOT have any immediate detrimental effects in America, nor really on any other continent besides Europe, and mostly Eastern Europe at that. I did not hear about the fallout being heavily detectable in other areas of the world, but I could be wrong.

I use to know a Chernobyl electrical tech, that man knew how to live on nothing.

Anyway the west coasters are just a bunch of panic stricken nutters who deserve nothing more than to pay 500 bucks for a 20 dollar supply of KI.

You would think that this would be driving up the price of kelp too but those idiots wont eat it unless you wrap it around a onigiri and call it sushi.

Now the scaremongers have the west coast causing KI shortages.

All these people are going to do is give the government another in to ban the sail of over the counter vitamin and minerals.

We all know that big pharma wants it, now this unwarranted panic just gives 'em another plank on the bridge.

YUP....that's what my Wife does...sell tinctures, & compliments...the west coast has been keeping her busy busy this week...& these idiots are eating the wrong Iodine Potassium...it HAS to be naturally occurring, or the body just don't recognise it, & it'll fry the thyroid, instead of protect it, because the body can't recognise it, & throw out the extra (in poo).....

Oh also, the Chernobyl situation was exacerbated because they were ridiculous and not only used graphite to cool the reactors but also had absolutely NO fail-safes or containment layers. Japan wasn't that stupid.

Oh also, the Chernobyl situation was exacerbated because they were ridiculous and not only used graphite to cool the reactors, but also had absolutely NO fail-safes or containment layers. Japan wasn't that stupid.