What is the last book(s) you read? (or are reading)

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gwen said:

done with doctor strange

it's constant referral to other comics for sales purposes it takes away from the story

not drawn that well ok

and wtf 

ok

nerd guys heaven?

he just happens to be a handsome built mage

who hooks up with a hottie alien chick

but oh no

she needs HIS help constantly of coarse she isn't strong enough on her own but has great power 

she always needs his help

did I mention she hot and they are always getting it on?

ya right.

in yer nerd boy dreams!

LOVE micheal lisners dawn, series...

she is hot AND strong and don't need No man to show her the way

let's hear it for

NERD GIRLS!

Let me ask, does she help him at all?  Also it's fine to help women if they ask for it.  Healthy relationships where the characters depend on each other should be a good thing.

What's the alternative, he lets her get into shit and then doesn't save her?  Now if she offered to help him and he rejected it due to ego/not wanting to look weak then that would be bad.  Also who's comic is it?  If she has her own series of comics then she can be strong and independent there, until then it's a comic about Strange so it only makes sense that all the stories would involve him in some way.  Also what kind of guy doesn't actively try to help the woman he's banging?  Let's say he did that and she died, then he'd look like a right prick and everyone would be like "where was he when she needed him!?" Either way it seems like the guy can't win here.

IDK I don't really get into comics and have only ever seen the movies.  Capeshit is played out anyway.  Watchmen was pretty good at least.  I'd really like a Transmetropolitan reboot but they can leave all the weird incel shit out of it.  I don't get how he's simultaneously brooding about being alone while banging either his assistant or both his bodyguard and his other assistant (to it's credit the brooding is pretty minimal, probably just filler.) Anyway I doubt Strange can be more misogynistic than Transmet, but I'm a sucker for a Cyberpunk aesthetic mixed with a noire gumshoe antihero protagonistic storyline.

I just finished the Locked Tomb series by Tamsyn Muir. I'm a little bit unhinged about them now, they've very good and I recommend them. Kinda a mix of fantasy, science fiction, and tumblr memes (in a good way).

• 4 weeks later...