What do you miss?

• 3 weeks later...

I miss the days when doctors actually examined an injury. Now they send you to places where machines scan you. The doctor receives a report from the technicians that state whether things are within acceptable tolerances. Acceptable for who? That data is nothing more than statistical information based on a group of collected data from a set number of people. What they forget is what may be acceptable for one person isn't for another. I am constantly searching for a physician who actually handles MY needs. Reading a tech's report is NOT the same as looking at the actual scan for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss when my life was easy. When things weren't so fucked up beyond repair. I miss having a partner who would stand with me no matter what. Those days are gone. I'm done with that. I am going to take care of myself, fuck everybody else, I have too many of my own problems to deal with.

Starting next week I'm moving off the grid. Well, not completely, but out of the grid where I'm at. Starting anew, all old connections severed. My soul needs this.

I just miss the days when I hadn't a worry but where I was going to party next. I tried to grow up so fast, I forgot to enjoy the time I had, when responsibility was trivial.

I miss when my life was easy. When things weren't so fucked up beyond repair. I miss having a partner who would stand with me no matter what. Those days are gone. I'm done with that. I am going to take care of myself, fuck everybody else, I have too many of my own problems to deal with.

Starting next week I'm moving off the grid. Well, not completely, but out of the grid where I'm at. Starting anew, all old connections severed. My soul needs this.

I just miss the days when I hadn't a worry but where I was going to party next. I tried to grow up so fast, I forgot to enjoy the time I had, when responsibility was trivial.

I just miss the days when I hadn't a worry but where I was going to party next. I tried to grow up so fast, I forgot to enjoy the time I had, when responsibility was trivial. Agreed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize not to miss things anymore...the past is gone..living in the now, and remaining mindful is the only way to stay sane.

....that's what I would like to believe, however, I know it is not true and is just a defense mechanism...so, with that being said...I miss things in life, of course but I won't cling to my past any longer if I do I will not grow and move forward and reach my maximum potential in life.

....that's what I would like to believe, however, I know it is not true and is just a defense mechanism...so, with that being said...I miss things in life, of course but I won't cling to my past any longer if I do I will not grow and move forward and reach my maximum potential in life.

That's a good attitude to take. That's how I make it through each day. Mornings suck the most because I have to, every morning, try to forget about the past and remind myself to keep focused on the future. Every. Single. Morning.

I miss when mornings didn't suck.

I miss being employed, and the days when I was younger and all my mental conditions weren't costing me my jobs. I also miss the days when it was easier to maintain stable employment and when being unemployment didn't seem like endless despair, like it does now.

My perception of things has definitely narrowed as I have gotten older, and certainly not for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss the days when neighborhoods were more like a close knit family. When everybody actually knew each other and even the winos had your back. Those were the days. They weren't perfect, but at least you knew where you stood and how to survive. When one truly got by with a little help from your friends. I miss those days. :)

I miss being able to feel genuinely excited about everything. When I was younger, I got so used to disappointment that I finally gave up on getting excited over things and trained myself not to feel that way. Now I wish I could find a way to wake that feeling up again. I miss the crazy energy that being truly excited about something brings...

...but at this point, at least I'm always emotionally prepared in the face of disappointment :hrhr:

I miss being employed, and the days when I was younger and all my mental conditions weren't costing me my jobs. I also miss the days when it was easier to maintain stable employment and when being unemployment didn't seem like endless despair, like it does now.

My perception of things has definitely narrowed as I have gotten older, and certainly not for the better.

I recommend reading The Myth of Male Power by Warren Farrell. One of the things the epidemic of male suicide can be attributed to is unemployment, and the popular idea that men have to be "success objects" to be human beings. Its important to never forget that humanity's present concepts of gender are still primal with little differences between our primate past.

• 1 month later...