City Club Aftermath 9/2

After some at-home drama that delayed us getting out the door until almost 1:00, we did indeed manage to make it out for the first time since probably April or so.

It was exceptionally nice to meet some people, some new and some not-so-new to whom we never managed to be introduced. This included HipsterDufus (Thanks kindly for the offer of a drink, perhaps a rain check?) and Sarah, his lovely wife, and BrassFusion - girlie, I hope you got home o.k....

Candy & Odins, I'm so glad we were finally introduced. Candy, it was a fine moment in Critter conversation comparing your "assets" with a painting at the DIA - "lovely to look at, but you don't HAVE to touch it to appreciate it." :shock::laugh:

Bav - I'm SO sorry we got cut-off so briefly upon meeting. It's been too long coming, meeting you in-person, and I wish circumstances had allowed more and non-interrupted conversation. Looking forward to seeing you again for less hectic "getting to know you".

Hooked up with a non-DGN member or two, and it was nice seeing those faces again.

Good seeing old friends like Rambo, Crank, Phee, Rayne, Jennifer, and others whom I'm sure I have misplaced in memory land.

I wasn't drinking, didn't feel like it. But I was still feeling somewhat, well, not quite "anti-social", more like "un-social". I didn't feel very eloquent or anything facilitating good conversation, so I did a lot of sitting and observing. If you met me for the first time last night, please don't take my demeanor as at all "normal". Just stretching some social muscles that appear to be somewhat atrophied.

Heh. I was also breaking in the first pair of heels I've worn in over 8 years, 4-1/2" ones at that. Platform heel boots are surprisingly easy to walk and dance in, but different parts of my body, from the small of my back to my ankles, calves & knees, were protesting the new "arrangement" mightily.

Interesting note. Some guy who claimed to work there saw me standing by the speakers on the ballroom, noticed my "pussy" shirt and cat ears and said, "You like cats, right?" I said yes, and he told me to put my hand around his neck and squeeze. I gently recoiled, as I'm not real prone to touching strangers at whim, but he was reassuring, and I was intrigued, so I did so. HOLY FREAKING SHIT - I couldn't hear if there was any resulting sound, but he could make something inside his throat thrum & vibrate EXACTLY like a cat's does when it purrs. What a curious moment for someone who can't even roll her r's. :shock::cat:

It was an interesting night. I went with Brassfusion. I saw alot of people that I already knew and I met some new people from dgn like Hipsterdufus and his wife. Even though I was hurt(emotionally) and rejected I still managed to have an okay time.

Edited by Gothmama25

I was very glad to meet everyone despite a ?slight? overindulgence in alcohol. Meeting Erin, Phee, Missie, Camille (spelling?), and gothmama was a great experience. I can see how some people don't really love city club (wtf was up with the sound system?), but it was definitely a new experience for me. =) Sometime, we'll have to do something where I can hear everyone talk and actually see the people I'm meeting. Overall, a good time. I would say that I was half-in-the-bag, but I was full-in. Next time, I'll try to leave one foot out so we can make some good conversation. Thanks again everyone!

I was very glad to meet everyone despite a ?slight? overindulgence in alcohol. Meeting Erin, Phee, Missie, Camille (spelling?), and gothmama was a great experience. I can see how some people don't really love city club (wtf was up with the sound system?), but it was definitely a new experience for me. =) Sometime, we'll have to do something where I can hear everyone talk and actually see the people I'm meeting. Overall, a good time. I would say that I was half-in-the-bag, but I was full-in. Next time, I'll try to leave one foot out so we can make some good conversation. Thanks again everyone!

I agree with that one cause it would be nice to see who I'm meeting.

Sorry I missed ya Hipster. I went Friday night instead and some really nice girl gave my friend a lap dance......it was great.

Saturday was the renfair and a party and a motel room......for two..... :pirate arrr.....renfair was high seas adventure weekend. Good lord. Hottie pirates. And I went with a ghetto ninja.

I had to miss CC but want to meet you Dufus!

Interesting note. Some guy who claimed to work there saw me standing by the speakers on the ballroom, noticed my "pussy" shirt and cat ears and said, "You like cats, right?" I said yes, and he told me to put my hand around his neck and squeeze. I gently recoiled, as I'm not real prone to touching strangers at whim, but he was reassuring, and I was intrigued, so I did so. HOLY FREAKING SHIT - I couldn't hear if there was any resulting sound, but he could make something inside his throat thrum & vibrate EXACTLY like a cat's does when it purrs. What a curious moment for someone who can't even roll her r's. :shock::cat:

You mean I'm not the only one? Maaaaaan... If there wasn't any background noise, you would have heard a very realistic purr. It's done with the voice. Usually easier to do with a deeper voice for obvious reasons. :cat: