My Baby Will Be In High School

The boy failed to make the cut.  He's repeating 8th grade.  I remember watching him learning how to run as his father strolled behind him, making sure he didn't fall.  So adorable!

The girl will be 18!!!!  A high school senior!!!  This year!!!!  I still remember her, at four years old, kicking me in the shin then tripping over her own feet, bouncing off a tall Rubbermaid wastebasket, and landing on her butt as she tried to do it again.

Ah...sweet memories...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@LadyKay I feel ya there...

So...the boy is actually in High School now.  9th grade.  I am still processing that.  I've posted about his antics during his troubles in Primary education.  However, he seems to be more proactive as a High School Freshman than he ever was as an Elementary/Middle School student.  I will know more at the first PTC.  DPS decided he was NOT going to repeat 8th grade (regardless of the fact that he failed 6th, 7th and 8th grades) and made sure the instructors who backed the "repeat decision" were made aware that he was not to be kept back.  DPS actually chose his High School for him (as he was not able to test into any of the others).  So far, the outcome looks positive and he is currently signed up for Freshman Football.  His first practice is tomorrow after school.

Our little ones are growing up and time keeps marching on.

large.1068706_blushingsmiley042713.JPG

46 minutes ago, TronRP said:

@LadyKay I feel ya there...

So...the boy is actually in High School now.  9th grade.  I am still processing that.  I've posted about his antics during his troubles in Primary education.  However, he seems to be more proactive as a High School Freshman than he ever was as an Elementary/Middle School student.  I will know more at the first PTC.  DPS decided he was NOT going to repeat 8th grade (regardless of the fact that he failed 6th, 7th and 8th grades) and made sure the instructors who backed the "repeat decision" were made aware that he was not to be kept back.  DPS actually chose his High School for him (as he was not able to test into any of the others).  So far, the outcome looks positive and he is currently signed up for Freshman Football.  His first practice is tomorrow after school.

Our little ones are growing up and time keeps marching on.

large.1068706_blushingsmiley042713.JPG

Good that he's in high school; and that you all are skeptically positive about the boy. I don't know about what DPS does for being on the football team (the HS I went to, you need a C average), so maybe football could work well.

• 6 months later...