Cases with the Dept. of Human Services, UIA, and SSA

Hey all,

Have a couple questions about some pending cases I have with the above mentioned departments of government and I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with something similar, or knows the ins and outs of the system, or has any bright ideas that I may not have tried yet. I'll try to keep everything generalized and brief for length, etc.

1. I have had a pending case with MI DHS for Medicare/Medicaid that has been open since Oct. 14th and I am aware that it is supposed to only take 90 days for most cases and 120 in extenuating circumstances to process applications for medical assistance. My case has been pending since Oct. 14th 2013 and I still have not heard anything about it. I have sent emails, all required paperwork, made numerous phone calls, and filed complaints in regards to my case and it STILL has not processed. I also have my therapist trying to help my application get processed and she is getting nowhere either.

2. I also have had a SSI/Disability application pending for about the same length of time. I suffer from Schizoid Personality Disorder, Chronic Depression, Anxiety, and Paranoia. I have had difficulty holding down a job in the last few years and just recently got fired from one for poor work performance because I couldn't handle the workload. My therapist has also not been able to make any headway here and neither have I, again despite numerous phone calls, emails, etc.

The above two are also concerning because I know I shouldn't really be working, but I can't pay my bills and rent sitting around forever waiting for these folks to process my paperwork.

Finally,

3. In 2012, I had an issue with MI UIA, where I filed a claim for being unemployed, and I was initially found to have not satisfactorily separated from my employer with good cause. Over the course of 6 months of that year, and numerous protests, UIA ultimately decided I was in the right and I did show good cause after all for unemployment. I didn't think anything of this afterwards since I considered it resolved until about 2 weeks ago when I received a message on my UIA account that I have been assessed a $4500 penalty for misrepresenting my case. I have currently protested it and I have submitted a letter stating my case along with copies of all the paperwork from 2012. Do I stand a chance of getting this thing lifted without having to hire a lawyer?

Sorry again for the length of this post.