I am getting a kick out of celebrating my first year online regarding posting about life as it happens from my perspective. DGN in particular has allowed me to open up to people I have never meet and express myself in ways I have only heard people talk about in passing or have only seen on TV. I have always been an emotionally recluse individual. I could hold conversations, but never speak my mind. I would have thoughts and opinions, but was never in the right setting for those types of conversations. If not for DGN, I think I would have been institutionalized a few months back. And as Troy knows, I have thanked him continuously for this place ever since signing up to become a member on July 17, 2012.

However, the longer I'm online (and every time I upgrade a phone) I have noticed the dizzying fast paced trend towards singularity via “multi-media social networking.

It appears that people are on all forms of "media" just to get noticed or garner some sort of attention, not that they truly have anything to share with the world that is worthwhile. It's more like "Look at me because no one else will". And with the influx of various forms of social media tools to express the never-ending onslaught of mind numbing content,

You can be as sure as heck someone will see you. Granted the level of attention may or may not be wanted, the fact remains, it will most definitely be received!

I must admit, I see nothing wrong with keeping something akin to a daily diary of your life online along with your viewpoints regarding specific topics of interests or posting things just for fun or stuff you can relate to. But just don't sign up with a site with the thought of...Ah, I'm here, now everyone will see ME and want to get with ME because I’M ever so special...Yeah honey, you and 26 million other troubled teens.

Don’t get me wrong, social media, when handled properly, can be the perfect platform for much needed interaction that would otherwise be lost due to “lack of transportation” issues. And the entertainment value is off the charts. However, as with all ups, there is a downside, thus the multitude of the occasional jerk who constantly re-post the same message because they personally know that “God” hates you for listening to NIGHTCORE.

I post not for the attention, but for the sheer satisfaction and vindication of self-expression. If it is viewed – fine. If not – fine. If someone takes away something new – even better. People need to relearn how to be something good for themselves instead of trying to be "The Next Big Thing on the Web" because a friend of theirs has a cousin with a sibling who was able to touch their nose with their tongue and posted the video of it on YouTube.

At this rate, as we move forward, the future is already dictating the now and pretty soon just turning on your TV, Computer, Phone, Game Station…i.e. any electrical device with a signal…will instantly connect you to the world. It’s inevitable…

The unfortunate part is each generation will began to expect this type of interaction to be the norm and feel lost when 300 of their friends didn't notice their last GPS location placing them at Summer Fest.

Just don’t be surprised when a coworker Tweets a remark about the Trojan Twister you purchased on Amazon.com that transmitted a feedback to all of your friends on Facebook, ranking it on RateItAll.com with your media of choice providing you with “suggestions” for “If you liked that, then you might like these”…you would have had to have seen that one coming…

So migrate away from a site if you must, but do it for the right reasons...that's all...

Points To Ponder:

Why do they make food taste so good and then try to regulate the amount you can enjoy... :dry:

You know what's better than food that I would like to have some of right now? Take a wild guess, come on......just whatever you think of, first thing that pops in your head...oh and , here is a hint: like food, it also, contains nutrients...

You know what's better than food that I would like to have some of right now? Take a wild guess, come on......just whatever you think of, first thing that pops in your head...oh and , here is a hint: like food, it also, contains nutrients...

:rofl:

Points to Ponder:

Why do people find it hard to be cordial on the web when it is practically an unspoken given in real life. It's almost as if their internet facade gives them the right to be a jack a**. Don't get me wrong, some people are just straight up jack a**es in real life and would just as sure shake your hand as curse you out (which is usually provoked). But the mystique of the unknown "face behind the mask" just seems to bring out the most undesirable behavioral aspects in some individuals with or without a reason.

Wow, this week was pretty well touch and go with all the DGN bashing and people posting just to make sure that was known. But as predicted, this month's game play participation was much expected. However, content notwithstanding, It was nice to see a couple of new faces joining the top 3 daily ranks this time around.

I make no predictions, but I have noticed a rather nice trend :biggrin:

As stated before, once again, it will be interesting to see who will return for a chance at the ranks in BOARD DOMINATION WEEK XI :heart:

And with that, I now return you to your regularly scheduled posting...

Later Special Gators...

• 2 weeks later...

After some really wacky encounters, I was beginning to think that maybe I smile too much for the average person to comprehend. It's like me smiling makes some individuals believe that I don't get how "hard" and "difficult" life really is so it's up to them to go out of their way to make sure I understand life's true hardships. Well, trust me buddy, "been there, done that, bought a T-shirt".

I can't help it that I just want to cut through the bull crap and enjoy life...and given some things I have read as of late, I only have a few years left before this enjoyment too becomes "a thing of the past". (yeah, more quotation marks...I've been around a looong time)

It's just rather sad to know that I have to find kinship in a home improvement store with people who get their collective hindquarters handed to them on a regular basis (customers and employees alike). Me smiling at them, regardless of my attire that day, always lead to friendly conversation (thus insider information to my previous statement).

Someday I'll turn into a bitter old whatever it is I am and maybe that will satisfy what some believe to be "the nature of things", but until that time presents itself, I will continue to smile...so be ready for it!!!