Whats song is on your mind?

ZombieNiXXon

On 5/27/2023 at 5:09 PM, The1andonlyMEG said:

I don’t know why everyone loved the Bruno song- not that it’s bad. But this is far superior. 

IMG_1309.png

I really like both No Resolve’s and Amanda Palmer’s covers of this song. Both are very different and I like them for different reasons. It’s a great song!

• 2 weeks later...

There is ALWAYS a song playing in my head.  And no, I don't usually get to choose what it is.  Sometimes it's even something horrible.  I've had to play out my Spotify to eradicate the invading horribleness on occasion.

Right now, Archie Bell & The Drells are entertaining my noggin with the "Tighten Up."  Not too shabby!  The songs change with the shifting winds; this has been going for most of the morning, but who knows when the "record" will change?  When I saw the topic, the Left Banke started singing "You Were On My Mind" for a second, but now Archie is back.  Thankfully!

My head is a strange place.  :)

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

There is ALWAYS a song playing in my head.  And no, I don't usually get to choose what it is.  Sometimes it's even something horrible.  I've had to play out my Spotify to eradicate the invading horribleness on occasion.

Right now, Archie Bell & The Drells are entertaining my noggin with the "Tighten Up."  Not too shabby!  The songs change with the shifting winds; this has been going for most of the morning, but who knows when the "record" will change?  When I saw the topic, the Left Banke started singing "You Were On My Mind" for a second, but now Archie is back.  Thankfully!

My head is a strange place.  :)

Hey, I like The Left Banke.  Without them we wouldn't have this banger:

Listening to "Walk Away Renee" right now though.

But I hear you on the "always something playing" thing, or my mind is always doing something.  It just annoys me it often pulls me from reality and I can't focus on the real world/my head world at the same time.  Stupid catchy songs I hate that won't leave can get bent too.

Funny - my head music never distracts me.  In fact, I think if it ever disappeared, it would mess me up!  (Kinda like my tinnitus - it's always been in my head; I've never known silence.  If it suddenly went away, it would be weird and wrong.)  I just tune 'em out, most times.

On rare occasion, the song in my head just happened to be a great idea!  I'd be trying to think about what to play next at a gig and the song in my head would turn out to be just what I needed.  Rare, but it happens.

Now Bob Seger is doing his "Let It Rock" thing... my day is getting off to a fine start!  :)

24 minutes ago, Stu said:

Funny - my head music never distracts me.  In fact, I think if it ever disappeared, it would mess me up!  (Kinda like my tinnitus - it's always been in my head; I've never known silence.  If it suddenly went away, it would be weird and wrong.)  I just tune 'em out, most times.

On rare occasion, the song in my head just happened to be a great idea!  I'd be trying to think about what to play next at a gig and the song in my head would turn out to be just what I needed.  Rare, but it happens.

Now Bob Seger is doing his "Let It Rock" thing... my day is getting off to a fine start!  :)

Wait, so I'm not the only one who's mind is constantly playing a song? 

15 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

I thought it was just an autism thing, but I guess not since I'm pretty sure neither of you have that.

Apparently not!  As I type, "Magic Carpet Ride" by the Mighty Dub Kats is rollin'.....

1 hour ago, gwen said:

been listening to john denver about as ungoth as it gets, huh.

although he did whine about his relationships constantly in his lyrics *yawn*...picking up guitar again, just watching him play, he was quite good. 

2 hours ago, Marblez said:

Kat and I did this at karaoke last night. My karaoke host friend said we nailed it. 😄 doing this song with her was the highlight of my night!!!

Omg yes it was! I'm so glad you did it with me. I can't wait to do that again and to hear you sing Coin Operated Boy! You will nail it 💯 

We gotta start our cover band,  The Living Dead Girls or Living Dead Dolls! Lol 🔥🔥🔥😉

Edited by kat

8 hours ago, kat said:

Omg yes it was! I'm so glad you did it with me. I can't wait to do that again and to hear you sing Coin Operated Boy! You will nail it 💯 

We gotta start our cover band,  The Living Dead Girls or Living Dead Dolls! Lol 🔥🔥🔥😉

As I am neither girl, doll, nor dead, that'll get us in trouble for false advertisement. Lol. I think we'll have to come up with something else. Maybe "Grannies in black", 😄 😄 (not quite a granny yet either, but it'll happen sooner than later). Haha

Edited by Marblez

2 hours ago, Marblez said:

As I am neither girl, doll, nor dead, that'll get us in trouble for false advertisement. Lol. I think we'll have to come up with something else. Maybe "Grannies in black", 😄 😄 (not quite a granny yet either, but it'll happen sooner than later). Haha

Your kids are still quite young.  I'm pretty sure life still needs to kick them in the teeth a bit before they're ready for any of their own.  Then again, unexpected kids can certainly be a kick in the teeth anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pearl Purple said:

I have that song "What Have You Done" By Within Temptation in my head right now, been playing it since yesterday on Spotify 8-]]

I get this was with Placebo's "every you and every me" I'll get into a phase where I just HAVE to play it for like 10 hours straight.