RE Passing out DGN cards and recruiting newbies

just to let people know, i would be more than happy to join the DGN street crew to hand out cards in assisting their recruitment of new members.

However, i do not have a car and it is impossible for me to do so. Thus, if anyone needs assistance doing this and is in my area and would swing by and get me i would help out. i just cannot do this on my own. in Vienna i saw an opera and afterwards i went up to the attractive Viennese gents and asked "may i have a photo of you". one said "only if you are in it with me". in Toronto i asked "you are attractive may i have a photo of you" and he said "only if all 3 of you are in it with me" (he was a soccer player from Brazil but looked like an Aryan). at the Duran2 concert i asked all sorts of good looking lads for pixies of them and they all were flattered. and the list goes on.

In other words, i AM good at approaching people to pass out brochures and such. I've done this on-and-off for years with animal rights pamphlets since grade school. thus, if anyone wishes for company while doing this chore i will offer my assistance and will be happy to toss some DGN cards in the direction of fellow kindred spirits.

I just spaced it out a little so it doesnt look like a wall of text.

So the "impossible" part is the transportation?

Well, I did "pass them out" at the rubber stamp convention. I saw not a single goth in the entire place unless they were in stealth mode. However, all the cards I randomly placed on various tables wound up missing and I placed more as I left the building......I was proud to represent.....are you happy for some caps? grrrrrrr, more work for me.

Well, I did "pass them out" at the rubber stamp convention. I saw not a single goth in the entire place unless they were in stealth mode. However, all the cards I randomly placed on various tables wound up missing and I placed more as I left the building......I was proud to represent.....are you happy for some caps? grrrrrrr, more work for me.

thanks for the help. honestly. Yeah I wouldn't imagine a rubber stamp show would have a real high "alternative types" count. There is always the odd-man-out but just generally its not the case that I might go to say a *ahem* beanie baby show (yes, hangs head in shame, i collected them for a year or so like 15 years ago) that there is going to be many people that "look the part". Although, I wouldn't judge a book by its cover, probably 98% of the people on this website wouldn't "look like goths" in regular life (if ever).

OMG caps!!

Thanks for the help! Yeah I wouldn't imagine a rubber stamp show would have a real high "alternative types" count. There is always the odd-man-out but just generally its not the case that I might go to say a *ahem* beanie baby show (yes, hangs head in shame, i collected them for a year or so like 15 years ago) that there is going to be many people that "look the part". Although, I wouldn't judge a book by its cover, probably 98% of the people on this website wouldn't "look like goths" in regular life (if ever). Even then, I'd be surprised if more than 5-10% of the board would even describe themselves verbally as goths.

OMG caps!!

Thanks for the help! Yeah I wouldn't imagine a rubber stamp show would have a real high "alternative types" count. There is always the odd-man-out but just generally its not the case that I might go to say a *ahem* beanie baby show (yes, hangs head in shame, i collected them for a year or so like 15 years ago) that there is going to be many people that "look the part". Although, I wouldn't judge a book by its cover, probably 98% of the people on this website wouldn't "look like goths" in regular life (if ever). Even then, I'd be surprised if more than 5-10% of the board would even describe themselves verbally as goths.

OMG caps!!

i went to a lot of bother to use those caps, so it's good you noticed. this keyboard locks up and a 10 min messages takes me 30-60 mins to write with the typos and thus...phone calls are better. i hate to type. too many people want to chat and the magnitiude of on line buddies keeps me here far too long. there are many alternative fans into stamping and anime shows but they just won't look the part in public thus making it difficult for me to find them. some people have a gaydar (i think i do as gay men love me) and i have a germandar but my gothdar is not always spot-on :happydance

i went to a lot of bother to use those caps, so it's good you noticed. this keyboard locks up and a 10 min messages takes me 30-60 mins to write with the typos and thus...phone calls are better. i hate to type. too many people want to chat and the magnitiude of on line buddies keeps me here far too long. there are many alternative fans into stamping and anime shows but they just won't look the part in public thus making it difficult for me to find them. some people have a gaydar (i think i do as gay men love me) and i have a germandar but my gothdar is not always spot-on :happydance

Even gothdar won't do that much good, it seems almost impossible to tell who will and who wont end up turning into a good DGNer. Some people seem super entusiastic and never show up, others seem like your hastling them , and then turn into some of the most active, long term people.

Even gothdar won't do that much good, it seems almost impossible to tell who will and who wont end up turning into a good DGNer. Some people seem super entusiastic and never show up, others seem like your hastling them , and then turn into some of the most active, long term people.

did you post the site on places in chicago, toledo, cleveland, etc? i used to have the friends from all over who came to town to see shows with me and if they know there is a site for detroiter's they may join. in my groups on FB they said since they won't be coming to detroit it's not worth it for them to join. i didn't look if DGN has a group on FB. do you? but that could mean a lot of spammers on FB.