What musical instrument would you love to play?

Etalimissa

If you could play any musical instrument and were blessed with the ability to read music, which instrument would it be?

I signed up for guitar lessons as a teen but the instructor told me I had to cut off my long, beautiful nails so I quit. In those days drinking lots of milk used to keep my nails very beautiful and long. I also did HAVE to sign up to play an instrument in grade school, as we all did, so I chose the drums. I knew I could fake it and play them w/o being able to read the music. I did well enough and got A's so it looks like I had the teacher fooled.

My instrument of choice for as long as I can remember (besides drums) has been the HARPSICHORD. I do love lots of classical and chamber music thus the fascination with the oh-so-beautiful harpsichord. I find a lot of ethnic/world beat music instruments are so beautiful also. India has a lot of pretty sounding instruments and Peru has a pretty flute. The LUTE also interests me. The didgeridoo is so beautiful also however I just found out that women are not allowed to play them. I've seen them for sale at various art and Renaissance festivals. I respect the Aborigines too much to disrespect their wishes thus would never try to play one if it is considered tabu.