Sen. Bernice Sander's 8 Hour Speech

NPR

I commend Sen. Bernice Sanders for standing up and telling the senate what needs to be said.

when you raise issues about whether it is morally appropriate in this country to continue a situation where the top one percent earns 23 and a half percent of all income in this country - that's more than the bottom 50 percent - where the United States today has - the top one percent owns more wealth than the bottom 90 percent.

CEOs of large corporations, General Electric, all the rest talking about how wonderful it is, all of the opportunities available in China, while they throw American workers out on the street, move abroad, hire people for 50 cents an hour, bring their products back into this country.

This quote says a lot......

Then you know what? Then when they needed a bailout (General Electric) - and GE got a $16 billion bailout during the - from the Fed during the Wall Street collapse - they didn't go to China for that bailout. They went to the taxpayers of the United States of America...

So can any conservative supporter here (that feels the wealthy corporations deserved the bailout) explain to me why China shouldn't be the ones bailing out these wealthy companies instead of the poor and middle class Americans that are working our asses off to make ends meet (and all the while, losing their jobs to Chinese workers)?

If companies like GE want to send jobs to China to earn bigger profits, shouldn't there be a law that says they are no longer entitled to receive tax dollars or tax breaks.

If the rich want their tax breaks at my (yours and everybody's) expense and they aren't willing to create more jobs here in the United States, why should they be allowed to keep enjoying benefits?

(This is another anti American, anti patriotic post by Scar) :dry:

IMO, if the United States taxed the life out of these companies for pulling jobs out of America but still want to enjoy tax breaks and bailouts (and penalize them severely)for doing what they've been doing, that they will realize their number one profit market will no longer be the goose laying the golden egg for their benefit only.

Maybe that will force them into bringing back jobs to the people of this coun try, and not Chinese workers.

Just my opinion. :dry:

I heard this interview on NPR as well..... not sure what he really accomplished if anything..... but he had some good points.

I heard it too and I agreed with him 1000%.............giving tax breaks and bailouts to the wealthy is clearly NOT, creating new jobs in the States.

I laugh when I hear conservatives talk about how giving billionaires tax breaks is for the good of America because it will create more jobs.

Show me the proof that these companies are opening new factories here in America and not in China and I'll start to agree that tax breaks for the wealthy benefits my family.

So far, only have seen evidence that it is benefiting the wealthy.

How is that good for me again?

OK

Ford investing $600million and hiring 1800 new workers.

Not sure it counts though.. Ford didn't take any bail-out money.

By far it does not count. Ford Motors did the right thing and refused a bailout. They fixed their own issues and came back. THAT, is how the other companies should have done things. Isn't that the American way?

What's appalling is banks, and other financial companies and corporations, accepting bailouts and turning around and giving upper Mgnt and CEO's big bonuses (because it was in their contracts) all the while denying to loan people money and laying people off. (when average Joe American fucks up they get fired, when Mr. CEO fucks up, he gets a bailout and big bonus.............yea, that's equality).

Does that count?

When are conservatives going to discuss those things?

By far it does not count. Ford Motors did the right thing and refused a bailout. They fixed their own issues and came back. THAT, is how the other companies should have done things. Isn't that the American way?

Ford made this conservative rivethead proud.

I would, but I was against the bailouts in the first place so I actually support almost everything you're saying.

PUsh back agains the bailouts is what started the whole TEA party movement.

BTW... one of the major reasons that Ford is hiring those 1800 people and investing all that money... is all the Tax breaks that KY is giving Ford for doing it.

Also, you should read about those Wikileaks... Ford took bailout money.