From Obama, the Tax Cut Nobody Heard Of

What if a president cut Americans’ income taxes by $116 billion and nobody noticed?

Read all bout it............My link

So, what good has President Obama done for America? He's only given us a tax break that most Presidents didn't and not getting credit for it.

That link is complete BS. Nobody noticed because, out here in the REAL world, the tax cut was an earthshattering 7 Dollars and 67 cents a week!

The NY Times is about as credible as a fart in the wind.

What can you buy for $7.67 ? Ooo 3 gallons of gas.

Come on now...

Edited by creatureofthenyte

That link is complete BS. Nobody noticed because, out here in the REAL world, the tax cut was an earthshattering 7 Dollars and 67 cents a week!

The NY Times is about as credible as a fart in the wind.

What can you buy for $7.67 ? Ooo 3 gallons of gas.

Come on now...

Yea - that's how most Americans felt about the one tax rebate check they got from Bush.....that amounted to nothing.

At least in this case, the President is actually trying to make things better looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before his term is up.

But............that's just my humble opinion.

Yea - that's how most Americans felt about the one tax rebate check they got from Bush.....that amounted to nothing.

At least in this case, the President is actually trying to make things better looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before his term is up.

Okay, that's your opinion.

In my opinion, you are out of your mind to think an extra $7.67/a week is some how making things better.

Yes, I remember that tax cut. Like creature said, it comes down to about eight bucks and I never noticed because it didn't make much difference in my check. If Obama really wants to make more of a difference, he should give us a tax cut of a hundred bucks or two. Seriously, I've paid about 12,000 bucks in federal taxes so far this year. I know I will get a refund at the beginning of next year but I'd rather have that extra cash from a tax cut to put away every two weeks instead of some refund.On the other hand, some people would rather have that refund at the end of the year.

Edited by KatRN05

http://kgmi.com/Obam...usters-/8385031

Just thought I would share.

LOL. And how is helping the American public how? "President Obama will show the American public exactly how much pressure and energy it takes to blow a cannonball out of his ass."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. But I do have to say, he picked a good show to be on.

Edited by KatRN05

Okay, that's your opinion.

In my opinion, you are out of your mind to think an extra $7.67/a week is some how making things better.

I didn't say that $7.67/ a week was better. What I said was at least he is trying. He isn't waiting until the 11th hour to do something.

The difference is in trying to make things better as soon as possible. If you want to insult a President for trying to make things better that's your right.

I would rather give someone a chance rather than just be negative simply because they aren't a member of the political party I'm a member of. I gave Bush a chance, he failed miserably.

Our country isn't lucky enough to still have men like Washington and Jefferson around anymore. And when people talk about experience being important, hmmmm....they must be forgetting that our country was founded and run by those that had no experience at all and yet somehow, they made it work well enough to get us to this point.

The 7 bucks isn't that much of a difference. It probably comes out to the same or less than what people got from the Bush tax rebate. Just saying. I forgot, when did Bush give out those rebates? The whole tax system is jacked. I was thinking about the whole movie thing going on in Michigan and how they are giving tax breaks to people who want to film here. Why are we giving them a break instead of the small business owner?

Edited by KatRN05

The 7 bucks isn't that much of a difference. It probably comes out to the same or less than what people got from the Bush tax rebate. Just saying. I forgot, when did Bush give out those rebates?

The tax rebate was 2008 or 2009. They were what, $300 per person? Which amounted to 0.821978 cents per day over the year period in which the tax rebate represented.

I don't know about other people but I spent my 0.821978 cents wisely. So yes, clearly that amount is way better than 8 extra dollars a week. (sarcasm people)

And the 0.821978 cents per day comes to 5.75 dollars a week. After doing the math it looks like President Obama did make more of a difference when the facts are examined.

Just my opinion though.

The tax rebate was 2008 or 2009. They were what, $300 per person? Which amounted to 0.821978 cents per day over the year period in which the tax rebate represented.

I don't know about other people but I spent my 0.821978 cents wisely. So yes, clearly that amount is way better than 8 extra dollars a week. (sarcasm people)

And the 0.821978 cents per day comes to 5.75 dollars a week. After doing the math it looks like President Obama did make more of a difference when the facts are examined.

Just my opinion though.

So from Obama's tax cut, are we getting an extra 8 bucks every week or every two weeks? I'm just trying to calculate this shit out.

So from Obama's tax cut, are we getting an extra 8 bucks every week or every two weeks? I'm just trying to calculate this shit out.

What I understand it to mean is, it is based on each persons income level (or take home pay) so those that make more would see more money per check and of course for those that make less it is less. The Bush rebate was just a flat amounted regardless of income level which really, wasn't a great idea (IMO) because people were not running out to spend that small check. I talked with people and all of them said the same thing, they were gonna use it to get caught up on their bills.

What Obama is trying to do is give people extra money every payday in the hopes that they would eventually start re-circulating it back (i.e. making small purchases, going out to dinner, ect.)

I think in theory it's a good idea, it just needed to be a larger amount (again, imo).

Yes, it does need to be a larger amount. I think I when I first suggested maybe 100-200 dollars, that was a bit extreme, but maybe it isn't. But it should be something that people are able to actually see the difference because I can honestly say, I don't see any difference with 8 bucks.

The 7 bucks isn't that much of a difference. It probably comes out to the same or less than what people got from the Bush tax rebate. Just saying. I forgot, when did Bush give out those rebates? The whole tax system is jacked. I was thinking about the whole movie thing going on in Michigan and how they are giving tax breaks to people who want to film here. Why are we giving them a break instead of the small business owner?

Because when those movie people come here what do they do? Eat at Michigan restaurants, stay in Michigan hotels, get drunk at Michigan bars, buy drugs from Michigan drug dealers. I know the first one for a fact because a few people have actually been into my roommates and my girlfriends workplace to eat. When the were doing the new Harold and Kumar movie here, Jess' work got a call asking for food for 300 (or somewhere around there)

Yes, it does need to be a larger amount. I think I when I first suggested maybe 100-200 dollars, that was a bit extreme, but maybe it isn't. But it should be something that people are able to actually see the difference because I can honestly say, I don't see any difference with 8 bucks.

Agree.

To some people, an extra 20 per check would make a good difference, not joking either. I think about this and tax cuts for the rich and one thing that stands out in my mind is, the rich seem to forget that, the middle class and the poor are really the people that keep this country moving. Others can balk and say it's wall street or corporate America or the banks but really, when you think about it, what are we always hearing about? Getting the public to start spending.

If every American decided to skip buying Christmas gifts this year (for an example) the stock market would plunge, retail would go into a tail spin. Financial analysts would be running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Total chaos.

And my point is, those on capital hill should really start looking after the best interests of the average American. give us a break, not the banks, not the filthy rich on wall street. Those are people that are making a difference, they are re investing into main street America as much as the average person.

Again, just how I see things.

Because when those movie people come here what do they do? Eat at Michigan restaurants, stay in Michigan hotels, get drunk at Michigan bars, buy drugs from Michigan drug dealers. I know the first one for a fact because a few people have actually been into my roommates and my girlfriends workplace to eat. When the were doing the new Harold and Kumar movie here, Jess' work got a call asking for food for 300 (or somewhere around there)

Yes, Slogo ,I'm well aware of that fact. :dry: And while it's wonderful that they are supporting our local businesses in the manner that they have, how long will that last? I'm just saying they shouldn't be getting a huge tax break.The State is financially fucked.

Edited by KatRN05

The difference is in trying to make things better as soon as possible. If you want to insult a President for trying to make things better that's your right.

The thing is, he's Not trying to make things better; He's trying to make things Worse.

So far, he's succeeding.

Hopefully, in about 2 weeks from now, that will begin to change.

The thing is, he's Not trying to make things better; He's trying to make things Worse.

So far, he's succeeding.

Hopefully, in about 2 weeks from now, that will begin to change.

How is what was discussed in the article making things worse?

I was responding to what ScarMyMachine said.

So Obama may take back his $7.67/week, next year.

Big whoop, he can take it, it didn't do a damn thing for me.

If Obama wanted to try and make things better, why doesn't he consider something like the fair tax, and eliminate the Federal income tax ?

If he did That, things would get better.

So...I can buy a bag of chips, a drink, and a very crappy pack of cigarettes...hmmm

You can say that the little things count but this is merely a drop in the bucket...every single president has done something here or there it doesn't really matter.

Once you fix something you get credit...anyone can try to fix something. I tried to put your wheel back on but only torqued it down to 10 on each wheel nut...sorry about the accident.

Everyone tries and they either fail or succeeds so lets just wait and see if he can manage to fix anything more than a little extra cash that will maybe feed someone for one meal and THEN we can give him more credit than other presidents.