Actor Corey Haim -- best known for 80s films including License to Drive and the Lost Boys -- has died at the age of 38.

Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the actor's death to TV station KTLA.

According to police, Haim, who had past substance-abuse problems, died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose.

story

Actor Corey Haim -- best known for 80s films including License to Drive and the Lost Boys -- has died at the age of 38.

Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the actor's death to TV station KTLA.

According to police, Haim, who had past substance-abuse problems, died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose.

story

I dislike the term accidental in this case...you KNOW, heroin KILLS...randomly...you buy it anyways...you must want to die.

Copied from the FB:

I figure, in light of modern science, mourning for an OD (especially DOPE) is lame...they WANTED to die...actions speak louder than words.....That said, I still pray for an easy passage..AMEN

I dislike the term accidental in this case...you KNOW, heroin KILLS...randomly...you buy it anyways...you must want to die.

Copied from the FB:

I figure, in light of modern science, mourning for an OD (especially DOPE) is lame...they WANTED to die...actions speak louder than words.....That said, I still pray for an easy passage..AMEN

I agree with you Rev... Was a direct quote from the article listed... forgot to wrap it with quote tags...

*feels L1, L2, and L3 of his spine suddenly become osteoporotic and suffering compression fractures* :X

hey, some of us have compression fx's for real... and arthritis from... er, well, overuse. :X

so, i'm taking this personally... go find another way to personify OLD or my arthritic ass will have something to prove when i get up there. :p (note: my ass itself does not have arthritis. wait, can asses even get arthritis? that's rhetorical.)

ahem... back to the thread at hand. yes, it's sad.