OMG This is kind of important

Confess

I got this in an email from my girl. She is a special education teacher in an inner city school district that has little to no money for most basic supplies let alone for the things she really needs to be successful. She has been trying to get some projects funded for awhile and it is coming down to the wire for her. There has been some donations coming in, but if she can't make the deadline she forfeits the donations that were made for her students and the funds will be given to other projects by the site that manages the proposals. Any help that can get her closer to enriching the lives of the children she teaches by helping put the proper tools in her hands will be incredibly appreciated.

We put alot of our resources into her class, but I'm tapped out for the year and can't make up the slack this time. If any of you know a teacher you'll know they get paid way less than they deserve.

Even if you're broke please pass it on to others. Please please please. :grouphug

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

To anyone looking for a place to donate to before the end of the year:

Please consider donating to one of my projects on donorschoose.org. Both of my projects will allow me to obtain materials to help special needs students. All donations are tax deductible!

Meaningful Music and Learning:

http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=294030

My students love learning through music. Music allows students the opportunity to learn information through auditory and kinesthetic activities. Music makes learning fun, and it gives struggling students the opportunity to master skills through a different learning style. Music could easily be incorporated into more areas of the curriculum as an aid to learning, but we lack the necessary supplies (musical instruments) to allow us this opportunity. Musical instruments would aid us in supplementing the curriculum with music. The instruments I have requested are boomwhackers, hand bells, drums, and instruments from around the world.

Only $278.00 more needed to fund this project! Only 9 days left for my project to be fully funded!!!

Mastering Math With Manipulatives:

http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=302554

My students love learning with manipulatives. Manipulatives allow students to learn information concretely. Many students, especially special needs students, need concrete learning experiences to master skills. More and more, research suggests that using manipulatives in mathematics is critical to developing good mathematical reasoning. Our classroom lacks many of the manipulatives that students could use in small group or individual work centers to develop their number sense.

Number sense is critical to success in math. In early childhood, number sense is a child’s intuitive ability to understand that a number represents a quantity of that many objects. This is when children learn that a print 5 represents a group of 5 objects. Number sense in kindergarten is developed through counting, one to one correspondence (touching objects one at a time and counting them), counting groups of objects (by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s), and by creating groups of objects for a given number. These manipulatives will give students the materials necessary to practice number skills in learning centers both individually and in small groups.

Only $206.00 more needed to fund this project! Only 39 days left for my project to be fully funded!!!

If you know anyone who might be interested in donating to either (or both of these projects, please pass the information along. If you are willing to redistribute this information to your friends, families, coworkers, neighbors, etc., please do. Anything helps!!!!