True Blood?

I went threw 7 pages, and I did not see the topic. So I hope I'm not re-posting it.

I am currently reading the Charlaine Harris's novels "The Sookie Stackhouse Stories", which was made into the HBO series TrueBood.

I find that the books and the tv show is totally different from each other. They keep some people alive in the tv show that they kill off in the books, some characters stay together or create a relationship that was already there in the tv show, some characters are more involved in the show compared to the novels, etc.

I like them both in different ways. They have to be both credited for there own thing, I think.

Has anyone been reading the books, or watching the show??

Eric Northman... and Quinn :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

I wonder who they are going to cast for Quinn...

Yes I have read them ALL and watched the show. I think this is my 3rd time re-reading them.

I love Eric Northman. <3

F*ck Edward Cullen, give me Eric Northman. <3 A big Viking that is huge in more ways than one, and as gorgeous as Johnny Depp. <3

mmmmm..... :drool

I can't figure how they plan on explaining Amelia staying so long. (her excuse being Hurricane Katrina) The hurricane doesn't happen in the books until after Amelia comes down for the "visit." But, the TV series states it's already happened. I was shocked when Eric didn't kill the bartender, but Bill did. I'm thinking the TV series isn't going to follow the books pretty soon, and then I'll be extremely disappointed.

I can't figure how they plan on explaining Amelia staying so long. (her excuse being Hurricane Katrina) The hurricane doesn't happen in the books until after Amelia comes down for the "visit." But, the TV series states it's already happened. I was shocked when Eric didn't kill the bartender, but Bill did. I'm thinking the TV series isn't going to follow the books pretty soon, and then I'll be extremely disappointed.

I find that the tv show isnt fallowing the books at all. Bill and Sookie don't stay together even that long...

and vampires in the book still cant even consider marriage, but in the tv show its there.

Sam mates with the Mundane in the book, but in the tv show hes basically running for her.

There really different I think.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't read the books yet, but i've been watching the show since it came out and haven't missed an episode since so I think it's really good, this season is kinda awkward to watch cause it gives wiccan's a very poor image. Still though it is a great show and I still love it. My favorite characther is Alcide, cause he's level headed and intelligent. PLus werewolves are way cooler thn vamps. (But I still love vampires too)

I haven't read the books yet, but i've been watching the show since it came out and haven't missed an episode since so I think it's really good, this season is kinda awkward to watch cause it gives wiccan's a very poor image. Still though it is a great show and I still love it. My favorite characther is Alcide, cause he's level headed and intelligent. PLus werewolves are way cooler thn vamps. (But I still love vampires too)

Werewolves are SO much kooler than vampires. I think youd like the books. I havn't caught up to the tv series, but the books are a lot different. Both still very good tho.