I know there's a flood filter, for posts. I know that before Troy expanded my inbox, it was full.

Some people also have their inbox closed off, or THEIR inbox is full, and then you can't send them stuff either.

I'll find out what we can do. :)

I know there's a flood filter, for posts. I know that before Troy expanded my inbox, it was full.

Some people also have their inbox closed off, or THEIR inbox is full, and then you can't send them stuff either.

I'll find out what we can do. :)

Thanks..

& Yeah, it is not the inbox full thing.. This is a completely new message.

Hmmm. I didn't know about that feature, but my guess is it's something that was added to help discourage or slow down the PM spammers we had gotten?

Perhaps Troy will confirm that for us...

Edited to add - it's being checked into I see.

Edited by Onyx

I logged on to my dummy account and tried to PM myself a bunch of times (supporters/benefactors/mods/admins and such have different permissions). I can duplicate that error but only in the same way that posts would. That is, if i try to send a PM faster than the flood filter allows. (60 seconds) Unless I'm using the board like an instant messenger it shouldn't be a problem.

Is it really FIVE minutes?

I logged on to my dummy account and tried to PM myself a bunch of times (supporters/benefactors/mods/admins and such have different permissions). I can duplicate that error but only in the same way that posts would. That is, if i try to send a PM faster than the flood filter allows. (60 seconds) Unless I'm using the board like an instant messenger it shouldn't be a problem.

Is it really FIVE minutes?

:yes

& I have never had that problem in the past

Yeah its a problem even for me recently. Looking into it. Really odd since there are no changes from an admin standpoitn that I can see over the last few days.

Just for future reference... I didn't even notice this was in "other stuff" DGN tech type questions go in the "DGN forum" (moving it there, no big deal. *backhands above mods for not noticing* :p )

I was informed by IPS that there was an anti-spam-bot patch applied automatically to the board just recently to combat some recent spam issues. This is the first time I've ever heard of an update being added without us requesting it. A byproduct of that update, was adding a new flood filter for PMs. In the past both the post flood filter and the PM flood filter were based off the same setting now they are set separately. The new PM flood filter was set to 5 minutes by default, which I'm sure was what was causing the overly aggressive blocking of PMs. It is now changed to be the same as the post filter.

Should fix the problem. :happy:

I was informed by IPS that there was an anti-spam-bot patch applied automatically to the board just recently to combat some recent spam issues. This is the first time I've ever heard of an update being added without us requesting it. A byproduct of that update, was adding a new flood filter for PMs. In the past both the post flood filter and the PM flood filter were based off the same setting now they are set separately. The new PM flood filter was set to 5 minutes by default, which I'm sure was what was causing the overly aggressive blocking of PMs. It is now changed to be the same as the post filter.

:kiss

You rock, Troy :jamin

:bunny:

:bow TROY ROX!