So where do you meet people?

Guest PumpkinPete

Guest PumpkinPete

Thing is, I like me. It isn't a matter of me disliking me as much as just not having the 'in' to speak to a stranger in a place i am not comfortable in and I just don't want to harass someone.

And internet dating is no big deal. Done it for years. I don't really follow it much now as, again, paying is not something that seems worthwhile. I have paide, but it wasn't worth it for a lame dating site.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

c

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, I don't know your type of chics but you can always go to a coffee house, clothing store (if you happen to be in places like downtown Royal Oak or Ann Arbor ect.), concerts. But just smiling and talking to a chic is enough incentive for a conversation. Hell, if your into mallrat type chics go to a mall! Meeting chics isn't really the problem it's what to actually do if you find one interested :tongue: Cuz you can always just start out as friends. You shouldn't pressure yourself.

Guest PumpkinPete

Prison is a little too romantic for my tastes and I don't have a shovel so a cemetery is no good.

I think a lot of the angst is that I am turning 31 and have been single for a couple years now so I am all RARRR! I think a lot of it too is expanding your circle of friends and just getting to know more people, which I am trying.

Easier to meet people through other people than any other way.

Or by stealing their socks and holding them ransom, that works too, don't underestimate it.

rarr

chris r

hey, I'm turning 36 this year...so age isn't the best excuse, although I feel you on the need to make a transition in life.

BTW, we aren't very intimidating, we're more like "Revenge of the Nerds meets the Cure" and very accomodaating at that. We're pretty good people. Come say hello the next time you venture out to City Club.

Guest PumpkinPete

I am a dork, more than a nerd.

Yo, dorks represent!

And the age thing comes down to - birthday coming up, just had my job disappear, blah, blah. So it's a general OH MY GOD! angst.

And the age, which Tomcat prolly sees as well, is the thing where, it FEELS like you are getting to an age where everyone is taken. It's bollocks of course, but it feels that way.

c