Now Reading... (or Recently Finished)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Twilight Watch-- Sergei Lukyanenko

Ooh, Ooh.... I'm half way through Day Watch. Please let me know how you like Twilight Watch when you are through with it so I know whether to run and get it in the next few weeks or if it can wait a bit.

What about you guys, read a book recently and was surprised that you liked it?

Not recently, but I felt that way about Cold Mountain. Don't usually like mainstream fiction, and couldn't imagine feeling any sympathy for a bunch of confederate folks. But the story and characters were strong enough to keep me engaged, and a lot of the action had an almost surreal quirkiness to it that made it seem less "mainstream". And the main theme was how war fucks over everyone, regardless of what side they're on.

Right now I'm reading I Luv Halloween vol. 3 (didn't think it could possibly be more twisted than the first 2- I was wrong!) and Bombos vs. Everything vol. 1. Yup, still can't finish anything w/out pictures! Although I've been slowly creeping through The Devil's Picnic as my bathroom reader. Interesting non-fiction read, about this guy's travels around the world sampling local forbidden consumables.

Comes A Horseman, by Robert Liparulo... Just bought it today.. Junk title I think but from reading the back cover sounds pretty good.

" The ancients saw death as a blazing figure on horseback, swift and merciles. Those facing the black chasm often mistook their pounding heart for the beating of hooves.

Now, FBI agents pursuing a killer from a centuries-old cult realize they have become his Prey."

• 4 weeks later...