The Dgn Radio Project

Troy Spiral

The DGN Radio Project:

The DGN Radio project has a goal of of being the most comprehensive "scene" collection of key tracks by all "major" artists online as well as a very wide variety of associated artists and tracks. A bias toward Goth/InIndustrial/Synth music that is fairly accessable to the average listener.

DGN Radio should be free, have no ads, and require no special signup or software.

One of the following should be true of the Artist(s) or Track(s) suggested:

---> Fairly well known Gothic/Industiral/Synth/EBM or closely associated artist.

Especially as we get started may be missing a few "big" artists.

---> Have a fairly distinct Goth theme or sound to them.

This is mostly relevant to tracks from artists that are not traditionally associated with Goth but might have a few particular tracks that fit well here. Anything that "sounds" gothic - whatever that means- is fair game.

Obviously all of the above are judgement calls and are open to much debate. As stated above ALL tracks should be fairly "accessable" to the average listener.

Suggestions of the above nature welcomed and encouraged.

Please post comments / suggestions in the thread pinned at the top of the section here:

DGN Radio / DGN Radio Project

I have these suggestions:

*Adam Ant/Adam and the Ants

Anything by Adam and the Ants + Goody Two Shoes (I'm not sure any other music represented the "new romantics" better on the airwaves than that of Adam Ant/Adam and the Ants)

*Jesus and Mary Chain

Far Gone and Out

Save Me

You Trip Me Up

Just Like Honey

Come On

Down on Me

Head On

Reverance

(Mopey. Did I miss any?)

*X-ray Spex

(esp songs:)

Oh Bondage Up Yours!

*Morrissey

Interlude (duet w/ Siouxsie Sioux)

I'm So Sorry

Ouija Board, Ouija Board

Life Is a Pigsty

I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning

The Ordinary Boys

*New York Dolls

Frankenstein

Pills

Jet Boy

*PiL

Flowers of Romance

This is not a Love Song

This is What You want

*Stranglers

No More Heros

*The Damned

Jet Boy/Jet Girl

*Killing Joke

(anything)

(not the most amazing music, actually pretty average, but they're (were) a popular goth rock band and fairly harmless)

*Virgin Prunes

(anything)

(god-awful. another band I really dislike, but they're still very "collectable" if you're trying to round out the goth section of your rock music library (to say the least))

*Gene Loves Jezebel

(anything)

*Black Tape for a Blue Girl

(anything)

(While Marilyn Manson claimed to be the mid 1990s heir to the gothic thrown, this band actually was)

Edited by Paper Hearts

OK here is more...

Hybrid:

Kid 2000

Mr. Bungle:

Air Conditioned Nightmare

Quote Unquote

Love And Rockets:

Holiday on the Moon

Seventh Dream of Teenage Hevan

The Tear Garden:

Empathy With The Devil

For the Birds

Splatterflick

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(phee @ Oct 10 2006, 11:39 PM)

More:

Get some of Der Nisters, Fierce Critters, and other DGNr's stuff up there!!!

that actually might be a really good promo tool for the dgn cd!! good thinking! :thumbup:

I just gave Troy a copy of the song I may or may not be submitting to the newest DGN CD compilation. :)

Heh. I might be played on a "radio station". How thrilling... and I'm sincere in that. :)

Critter will for sure be on there for sure next update. She's hot.

Added like 4 hours worth of stuff recently, much of it due to the above suggestions... although as usual there are random glitches that take forever to pick out. Typically i'd "announce" this update and then start collecting material for the next but i'm still not totally happy with it. That is spam it through the usual promotional channels.

In terms of content some of this stuff that i discovered this last pass though i was totally unaware of previously like The Magnetic Fields / Future Bible Heros / The Gothic Archies / The Faint even to my jaded ear is some seriously amazing shit. Especially much of it not being not in the industro/electronica vein that i've been somewhat biased toward in recent years.

"O What A Dream It Was" "All My Little Words" "Scream and Run Away" "I'm A Vampire" ... .wow. Not that 99.9% of everything on DGN Radio isnt primo (typically when i open up DGN i turn on DGN Radio and just leave it on) ... just rare when i run into stuff that basicly i didnt even have a slight clue about previously. Restores my faith in the fact that i havent "heard it all" and that there is still fairly new stuff to discover out there.

Tracks By The Following Artists Recently Added:

The 6ths

Annie Lennox

Bauhaus

Black Tape For a Blue Girl

Cabaret Voltaire

Collide

Combichrist

The Damned

Danzig

Death In June

De/Vision

The Doors

Echo and the Bunnymen

The Faint

Filter

Five Blobs

Future Bible Heros

Gene Loves Jezebel

The Gothic Archies

Groovie Ghoulies

Gun Club

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Killing Joke

L'ame Immortelle

Lords of the New Church

The Magnetic Fields

Marius Constant & Lud Gluskin

Mr. Bungle

Murder City Devils

Nouvelle Vague

Panzer AG

Plasmic Honey

Voltaire

X-Ray Spex

Just as a random idea im wondering how many dial up users there actually are. I almost think i should say fuck the low bandwidth stream and have it be a high bandwidth stream only. (couldnt afford two streams)

• 3 weeks later...