• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad more people are doing this! I highly encourage errone to get on one of the protein-sequencing projects as well as SETI- this research has the potential to fix a lot of very nasty diseases.

I yanked the BOINC stuff from my 'puter 'cos it was kind of running rampant... I'm sure I just had some setting or other wrong but couldn't figure it out. Maybe I'll try again now I have a new one.

• 4 weeks later...

Troy, can you remove me from the team so I can re-join? I think that's what needs to happen... I yanked the BOINC stuff from my decrepit old 'puter, but set it up again on my shiny new one. But, today I realized it isn't connecting my old info with the new info. Really weird, different buttons on the BOINC manager take me to old/new stuff... the old & new accounts seem to be linked but there's no way I can find to make the old part recognize the new 'puter. Did any of that make sense? Anyway, I do want the team to get the credit I'm earning now so I hope we can fix this.

• 2 months later...
:confused: Sorry All you have not seen my face around in ages but I still have you guys in my heart my life here in California is freaking fantastic I have found true love and I am going to marry her. As you can tell I still run this program I like thinking I am helping out for the greater good of man. I believe we are not the only ones in this great big wide expanse, but I think we maybe like redneck hillbilly cusin's way out in the sticks that nobody with any real smarts wants to talk to just yet until we get more intillegant and more compassionate and stop trying to kill each other before they want to help us go out there where they are......like a pick up truck full of drunk rednecks you know they are out there but you don't want them in your nieghborhood......anywho .....live long and prospur and NANU NANU

:confused: Sorry All you have not seen my face around in ages but I still have you guys in my heart my life here in California is freaking fantastic I have found true love and I am going to marry her. As you can tell I still run this program I like thinking I am helping out for the greater good of man. I believe we are not the only ones in this great big wide expanse, but I think we maybe like redneck hillbilly cusin's way out in the sticks that nobody with any real smarts wants to talk to just yet until we get more intillegant and more compassionate and stop trying to kill each other before they want to help us go out there where they are......like a pick up truck full of drunk rednecks you know they are out there but you don't want them in your nieghborhood......anywho .....live long and prospur and NANU NANU

Nice to see you Mike!!! :)

• 7 months later...

OK, so I discovered that none of my BOINC projects had been running for the past few months... so I set 'em all up again, got rid of inactive ones like MalariaControl, and now they are just humming along and racking up credits like mad. EXCEPT SETI!!! Can't figure it out, Rosetta@home, MindModeling@beta, and superlinkattechnion are all doing swimmingly... but nothing for SETI. Can't see anything amiss in my settings/prefs... WTF?

But FoldIt rocks!

I tend to just focus on one, as our piddly little computers can't get much done split between multiple users.

I've had a long term problem with my computer, that is affecting many programs I try to run, including Bionic. Which I think will need a re-install to fix. But, its a headache as there is a problem with the hard drive that needs to be fixed and I keep putting it off. (Actually banged my head against it for an hour just a few days ago with no satisfaction.) More than 45 minutes of that kind of crap drives me bonkers these days.

I'll get back on the wagon at some point here.

• 7 months later...