I am leaving my computer on line while at work and when i'm not home and when I sleep ....it has taken over my life....i wanna find ET or Mr. Spock

I've yet to look into it but i wonder what is supposed to happen if you find a "candidate" as they call them for E.T.

I mean does a screen pop up and say "omg you found a tone that has made X sound, this could be it!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I have no clue on how to delegate CPU time, but I am sure it can be done. I am just not that smart :unsure: ........but for some reason my computer has not been able to log on to the seti server for almost a week now which makes me wonder have we come to close to the truth and is the government interferring so we can not find out that they walk amoung us and that we are just cattle for their food..... :shock::fear: .......AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, I have no clue on how to delegate CPU time, but I am sure it can be done. I am just not that smart :unsure: ........but for some reason my computer has not been able to log on to the seti server for almost a week now which makes me wonder have we come to close to the truth and is the government interferring so we can not find out that they walk amoung us and that we are just cattle for their food..... :shock::fear: .......AHHHHHHHHHHHH

It seems to be dividing equally now... I think I may have just been looking at the wrong stats before. Duh.

That's weird about not being able to hit the SETI server... I haven't had trouble except for last week when I couldn't get any stable net connection for a couple days. But that was a Comcast issue... OR WAS IT???!!! :shock:

• 11 months later...

yays!!!! I still hate that I have to MANUALLY set my ps3 to do it and not when it's just not in use. :/

What your PS3 is doing is protein folding, not SETI unless theres something i'm unaware of. (The built-in thing in PS3 isn't SETI@Home)

Odd that i'm encouraging more involvement in SETI since im fairly skeptical on the subject huh?

I vote you download the stuff above on your laptop and make a Hunhee account, join the DGN SETI team and actually do some E.T. hunting. We needs to find him! :peanutbutterjellytime:

What your PS3 is doing is protein folding, not SETI unless theres something i'm unaware of. (The built-in thing in PS3 isn't SETI@Home)

Odd that i'm encouraging more involvement in SETI since im fairly skeptical on the subject huh?

I vote you download the stuff above on your laptop and make a Hunhee account, join the DGN SETI team and actually do some E.T. hunting. We needs to find him! :peanutbutterjellytime:

d'OH you're right.. *peeks at the computer behind her* hmm... I think I meant the other computer.. :/

Ugh I don't think my laptop staying on would be good for anyone near it.. I think it's almost nuclear... hehe

Soon I'll be like Lain and have water running through it to cool it and stuff. ugh!

d'OH you're right.. *peeks at the computer behind her* hmm... I think I meant the other computer.. :/

Ugh I don't think my laptop staying on would be good for anyone near it.. I think it's almost nuclear... hehe

Soon I'll be like Lain and have water running through it to cool it and stuff. ugh!

Ok then your still not absolved. Work computers must be hijacked if the (always on anyway) laptop is for some reason refusing to look for ET. :happy:

I just downloaded it and joined the DGN team.

I didn't know, with this dual core processor it uses them independently, kinda like running it on two computers.

Sweet. Hopefully we can get more people to join.

It'll probably take awhile before you show up on the list. I know you have to finish 1 work unit and send it in, and then it seems to take like i'd say 12-24 hours for you to show up on the list.

If you can keep that computer running when your not there you should rack up the credits pretty fast. I have it running on two seperate computers and the older one is FAR slower than the newer one (both of them came out before dual core was even a term people were using regularly)

I did some extensive homework on it, basicly leaving your computer running, but just turning the monitor off is such a minor use of electricity its insane... and computer components are setup to run just fine nearly 24/7.

You can run it on multiple computers, which i think is how mike is racking up the points so fast. (along with leaving them on most of the time)

That "RAC" line in the stats means "Recent Average Credit" which i i think is a weekly average. Not totally sure though, will look it up at some point.

Oh and if you have a password setup or "show login screen" on the screen saver it wont actually display right now on some versions of windows. If your using a computer that doesn't need a password on the screen saver i'd turn that off just because i like seeing the pretty screen saver.

I read its a bug that got created recently that they are fixing soon i guess.

Just for the sake of maybe someone else that might have the same problem later but doesnt have help... are you getting an error message? Or just having trouble figuring out how to set the settings and such?

Might be a fairly common problem that others could be having. None of the machines i use have Vista so im unaware of any vista specific stuff (if it is vista specific)

Okay, trying this again.

I click on it, and hit "run"

Vista freaks out, and asks me if this is okay to do. I click yes on it.

Now it asks what type of installation I want. I'm going with the Single User, because it's recomended.

*edit*

Yesterday, when I tried this, it launched a shit ton of windows to open.

*edit again*

Guess I gave them the wrong e-mail, and now I can't find the damn file on my vista. I really hate vista. Now Odims really does have to do this when I get home.

I tried Troy, I really did.

Edited by CandyQuackenbush
Cuz ma Vista is stoooopid.

Damn odims that was some fast credit over such a short period of time. Do you have like the laptop running at home when your away or a work computer setup?

Yeah it sits at home churning away on my lappy 5000. Ok i made that up but yes my laptop just sits at home while I work. and like I said earlier it uses each processor independantly. Two 2Ghz processors churn through data pretty fast.

I want to set it up here at work too, but the IT nazi won't let us install anything, Hell we don't even have enough prevlidges to create a file folder on the network.!

I'm looking in to installing it on my thumb drive and running it from there, but I'm unsure how stable that'll be.

Okay, trying this again.

I click on it, and hit "run"

Vista freaks out, and asks me if this is okay to do. I click yes on it.

Now it asks what type of installation I want. I'm going with the Single User, because it's recomended.

*edit*

Yesterday, when I tried this, it launched a shit ton of windows to open.

*edit again*

Guess I gave them the wrong e-mail, and now I can't find the damn file on my vista. I really hate vista. Now Odims really does have to do this when I get home.

I tried Troy, I really did.

Damn computers. *shakes fist*

Yeah it sits at home churning away on my lappy 5000. Ok i made that up but yes my laptop just sits at home while I work. and like I said earlier it uses each processor independantly. Two 2Ghz processors churn through data pretty fast.

I want to set it up here at work too, but the IT nazi won't let us install anything, Hell we don't even have enough prevlidges to create a file folder on the network.!

I'm looking in to installing it on my thumb drive and running it from there, but I'm unsure how stable that'll be.

Oo

signed up at work

Sweet.

And no once we get a fairly large number of users on this thing i'm not going to infilct a massive signature on all of DGN haha. I'll just turn it into a link, or a rotating sig that only shows up every once in awhile. It could get pretty big pretty fast, its already pushing what i'd consider acceptable signature height.