Steampunk key gown

I have lots of each:

Basic black stretch polyester (liner)

Black chiffon with embroidery

Black chiffon with built in tiers of ruffles (Vertical!)

Black, white, and purple soft, stretch lace

Idea: Fitted to waist bodice with darts but otherwise stretch to form fit with a very low scooped back and possibly criss cross thin straps. Bodice of lace with black under to make it non see-thru. I plan to ruche the front of the ab area to camoflage. (I'll figure out the bra crisis later.) Skirt is floor legnth and very full, consisting of layered and alternating panels of the lace that are only attached at the waist so as it moves, it will show or hide the legs in different ways. (Unlined. Will have to self booty patrol, but a liner would ruin the effect) Detail drapes instead of sleeves from the embroidered chiffon, that show the cap of the shoulder but trail down the arm to mid upper arm (Maybe something handy could be done here with the bra crisis, but I really want to show my tattoo. I hate breaking it's line.) Also possibly a long, trailing sash made of the embroidered chiffon to dress up the waist and hide the upper fat roll.

I plan to leave all skirt edges raw so they can fray out and look like hell. Then I want to try to get some old looking keys and gears and suspend them from the waist seam so the stuff also moves in and out of view. I want 2 small skeleton keys also so I can hang one off each shoulder strap at the top so the key falls onto my upper arm.

I'm sure it'll not turn out as awesome as it sounds. Ideas? Input? Anyone have keys, gears, broken stuff to give me??

Have you thought of re/de-constructing an existing gown? :)

I do this a LOT with Salvation Army finds. It's easy to re-dye stuff, too, to meet your colour ideas.

I do that too, but this is about using up my massive fabric stores. LOL

You need way cool jewelry for this, and definately, a hat.

For some reason, these kinds of outfits arent complete without one. Maybe try to rig one of those bodice brooches, too.

oooooh!!

Excellent link! Thanks!

I hooked up with this giel who makes blown glass steam punk beads and her own metal jewelery from findings kind of randomly at a gathering tonight. She's geeked to help with my accessories if I give her credit. LOL (This dress is for a costume contest that is steampunk themed at an upcoming convention.)

• 1 month later...

I have 5 skeleton keys that I got for you at a flea market in Chicago a few weeks ago. I just need to get an address to send them to you. If you'd like to pm it to me I can send them out this weekend. I hope they will work out, they are different sizes.

• 1 month later...

I have 5 skeleton keys that I got for you at a flea market in Chicago a few weeks ago. I just need to get an address to send them to you. If you'd like to pm it to me I can send them out this weekend. I hope they will work out, they are different sizes.

Excellent link. Thank.

devices exercises patches pills bust enlarger kids issues women issues arts/entertainment automotive skincare business womens health

• 1 month later...

LMAO... it's... uhm... still in a half finished state on my sewing table. I'm so lazy. It's gonna be done soon though. I'll put up pics.

Cool!!! I can't wait to see it!! w00t!! Have you looked on the intarweb? They have some SteampunkCONs!!!!! There's one in California.. I wanna go!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived