Into Darkness (ST 2) 5/17/13

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope to procure enough federal reserve notes to watch this fine film before it leaves theaters. I had hoped to view it on opening day, alas, diapers and sustenance for my child deemed to be a more important expense to my pocketbook. Ahh, well as long as I get to see it before it leaves theaters. I would like to see this one in 3D, having never attended a 3D full feature film, yet. I consider myself a close follower of the Trek. I rather enjoyed the first movie, so I have high expectations for this sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG I left the house.

Pretty good for what it is, that is an action movie set in space. Lot of original star trek references shoved in there, which I was happy to find. But in such a way that your popcorn moviegoer would have no clue and would not interfere with them while watching their action movie. I was expecting that so it didn't phase me really. My only complaint (beside the non-thinking aspect that I was already expecting) was that kirk was just too emotional for the mythical womanizing, fisticuffs ish James T. Kirk. Not that I like my characters that way, just in this one case. THE James T Kirk is not one to be crying every 15 minutes no matter how dire the circumstances. Once a movie? Sure. Although I could chalk that up to him being at the very start of his career (alternate timeline bah humbug! hah).

Great effects as expected. Good performances by Kirk , Spock, Khan. The rest were so-so. Worthy effort. Wont embarrass the franchise. (as if anything could shame it more than Star Trek V or I ) lol

OMFG I left the house.

Pretty good for what it is, that is an action movie set in space. Lot of original star trek references shoved in there, which I was happy to find. But in such a way that your popcorn moviegoer would have no clue and would not interfere with them while watching their action movie. I was expecting that so it didn't phase me really. My only complaint (beside the non-thinking aspect that I was already expecting) was that kirk was just too emotional for the mythical womanizing, fisticuffs ish James T. Kirk. Not that I like my characters that way, just in this one case. THE James T Kirk is not one to be crying every 15 minutes no matter how dire the circumstances. Once a movie? Sure. Although I could chalk that up to him being at the very start of his career (alternate timeline bah humbug! hah).

Great effects as expected. Good performances by Kirk , Spock, Khan. The rest were so-so. Worthy effort. Wont embarrass the franchise. (as if anything could shame it more than Star Trek V or I ) lol

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Someone call Ripley's - News Flash...Troy Has Left The Building!!!

Happy to hear you're out and about for a half second. Also nice that this movie didn't suck the proverbial egg...

I was shocked when my mother was OK with the first movie, having herself been a fan since they debuted in the 60's.

I'm looking forward to viewing this one myself...usually once it hits cable :hrhr:

And what's wrong with Star Trek V. I view it as the kyougen to the noh of the Star Trek franchise. Also, that movie has two of some of my favorite main cast scenes in it:

1. The "He is my brother" build up sequence

2. The reason why Spock knew they couldn't break out of the cell they were in on the Enterprise

:rofl:

OMFG I left the house.

Congrats on an actual excursion beyond the realm of your inner sanctum. :cheers:

In regards to the original Star Trek movies, I loved them. I enjoyed watching a touch of reality step in and flesh out the story lines. It made it fun. ;)