What Games do you actively play? (video , tabletop, otherwise)

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, gwen said:

just discoved video games.

i have MAJOR tbi's

its keeping the dementia away

it really does help the neuropathways reroute

i was told to get ones with puzzles so...mazes

tiny tinas

kena

ragnarok

sonic

and mortal combat for anger management issues

only play an hr so you dont wear out wrists and eyes

i personally think video games could be prescribed to help with some stuff.

after playing race cars i swear i drive better.

I've had this theory for years that drugs which reopen and help form new neural pathways, and 3D/VR games would help people with depth perception issues.

Studies have shown for years that games help people with hand-eye coordination as well.

There are some that could also be considered therapeutic and calming.  Violent video games can also help people to alleviate anger in a safe environment so they don't do it in real life.

• 1 month later...

Table Top: Dungeons and Dragons, Welcome to the Dungeon, Welcome Back to the Dungeon, and tons of Chess between Roger and I. 

Video: Killing Floor 2, Age of Empires 2 & 4, Star Craft, Halo Infinite, and Elder Scrolls Online. 

Arcade: Pinball, Street Fighter, and Joust. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, gwen said:

I was playing 11 or one of the other mortal combats

n I got hit by a motha fucka wit another mutha fucka!

like he grabbed a zombie n smacked me wit it!

my fav meme came to life

sorta

then I saw it in a movie on the same day!

*insert twilight zone music here*

One of my favorite parts of Jason X:

• 3 months later...

I'm still actively playing Tears of the Kingdom. Doing all the collecting and upgrading quests to finish off the game. After that I'm going to try out this PS4 V.R. set that fell on my lap for free. Someone sold it with a broken PS4, so it got returned, and was about to go in the trash but was handed to me instead. Came with all the parts and two games. Saving it until I my new furnature arrives and I get that set up, then I get to see how far along V.R. has come since Nintendo's Virtual Boy.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, gwen said:

just got Diablo! luv it! I is kicking butts n collecting things

I swear the mazes are making me smarter 

I live with a genius and I beat him at it so...

video games are good for brain injury patients!

Oh wow that's super old.  I played that in the 90s.  The levels were all randomly generated 3D isometric and that made it interesting, only a few things like the boss stages were static.

I probably spent more time on Diablo II than I should have too.

Or do you mean Diablo IV?  :P

Oh heck I wish I would've found this thread earlier.

I play a lot of Noita. It's best described as a magical Finnish falling sand simulator. It's a pixel-based game, so everything is chunky, but the main conceit of the game is that every pixel is simulated and has material properties. Different materials interact with each other - you can melt snow with fire, solidify lava with water, and melt metal with concentrated mana. It has some of the best emergent gameplay I've seen because nearly anything could happen.

The main gameplay is going from area to area collecting wands and gold, then experimenting with different combinations of wands and spells in the Holy Mountain areas between the dangerous places. It's a roguelike, so if you die you will restart completely. And you will die, it's just a normal process of learning in this game.

And that's not even getting into all the secrets. There's a ton of hidden areas and things you can accomplish if you can decipher the clues. The only mark against it is that it's hard.

• 2 weeks later...