Saudi Arabia is host to several camel beauty pageants each year (condemned as religiously fatuous by Muslim clerics), but the country's first goat beauty pageant was held in September in Riyadh, with the distinctive Najdi breed, featuring high nose bridges and silky, shaggy hair, taking top prizes. In fact, most of the goats in the competition had the same father, Burgan, whose progeny typically fetch the equivalent of $25,000 and up. Still, prize-winning show camels can bring 10 times that amount for the greater status they convey to their owners. Burgan himself did not appear at the pageant, according to a Reuters dispatch, because his owner feared that a jealous competitor would have an "evil eye" cast upon him. [Canada.com-Reuters, 11-2-08]

http://www.wheelturninghamsterdead.com/?p=84

Saudi Arabia is host to several camel beauty pageants each year (condemned as religiously fatuous by Muslim clerics), but the country's first goat beauty pageant was held in September in Riyadh, with the distinctive Najdi breed, featuring high nose bridges and silky, shaggy hair, taking top prizes. http://www.wheelturninghamsterdead.com/?p=84

I was wondering when they were gonna announce the date for this.....I've been waiting forever for the goat pageant. =P

I was wondering when they were gonna announce the date for this.....I've been waiting forever for the goat pageant. =P

I was thinking of raising some pygmie goats and maybe a llama for the State Fair livestock competition next year, but maybe not. I don't know. Depends on my tax refund.

I was thinking of raising some pygmie goats and maybe a llama for the State Fair livestock competition next year, but maybe not. I don't know. Depends on my tax refund.

That sounds like a barn yard of a knee slapping good time there bunny. I had a llama at one time but it got outta my yard and well, you know how that goes.

Saudi Arabia is host to several camel beauty pageants each year (condemned as religiously fatuous by Muslim clerics), but the country's first goat beauty pageant was held in September in Riyadh, with the distinctive Najdi breed, featuring high nose bridges and silky, shaggy hair, taking top prizes. In fact, most of the goats in the competition had the same father, Burgan, whose progeny typically fetch the equivalent of $25,000 and up. Still, prize-winning show camels can bring 10 times that amount for the greater status they convey to their owners. Burgan himself did not appear at the pageant, according to a Reuters dispatch, because his owner feared that a jealous competitor would have an "evil eye" cast upon him. [Canada.com-Reuters, 11-2-08]

http://www.wheelturninghamsterdead.com/?p=84

...awwwe.......I missed it!

.....I coulda' been a contenda'...

Why do I have this feeling that Disney/Pixar is going to make an animated movie about an "ugly" goat who aspires to win the beauty pageant and, with the help of a plucky little bird, a smart-mouthed camel and a little kid, gets in through a madcap series of events and its true beauty is revealed as it wins?

Soundtrack by The Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus and Elton John.

Why do I have this feeling that Disney/Pixar is going to make an animated movie about an "ugly" goat who aspires to win the beauty pageant and, with the help of a plucky little bird, a smart-mouthed camel and a little kid, gets in through a madcap series of events and its true beauty is revealed as it wins?

:rofl:

:thumbsup:

Well played, good sir, well played.

...awwwe.......I missed it!

.....I coulda' been a contenda'...

:grouphug

:rofl::rofl:

Archived