How Do We Feel About Illegal Immigrants?

It used to be illegal for African Americans to own land or drink from "white" drinking fountains.

It also used to be illegal for a wife to refuse sex from her husband.

I could go on and on abut ridiculous things that were "illegal" and no longer are.

Just because something is illegal now, that doesn't make it right.

It used to be perfectly ok to smack the ever loving shit out your wife and kids for disobeying you.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it right either.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were all once immigrants... we may not have dubbed them "illegal" at that time, but to think that this country was founded by men who didn't rightfully own the land, and we sit here now telling people they have no right to be here.. it's sad..

Most of us at least.

My family background is mostly Native American. My mother is over half. We believe my grandmother was full blooded. My grandfather (on her side) was at least half himself, if not more.

My father, however ... his father was German and his mother was Irish.

((All of my grandparents died when I was young or before I was born except my mother's mom ... who spent from the time I was a baby, until she died when I was 21 in a rest home in Tennessee. She was crazy and had really bad degenerative arthritis. I didn't know her very well.

I was jipped out of the grandparent experience.))

As for the illegal immigration thing ... I don't really have an opinion.

Edited by Rayne

There are also alot of diseases that have come from other countries due to illegal immigrants,FYI

Like the "illegal immigrants" did to the american indians with smallpox back in the day?

yes, there is no hatred and ridicule coming from me.. just wanted to make the counterpoints ;) *HUGS*

I know Hunhee,I posted that to apply to everyone.as to prevent any drama. :grouphug

we are all friends here no matter what

I'm not at liberty to dispute anyones opinion or belief. My feeling on the take is that they should not be allowed to come over if they don't pay taxes and get a citizenship. What makes them any better then us? I live in California, synonymous for illegal immigrants who border jump all the time. While they may be harmless, they're just as likely to be hiding the fact that they don't belong here. Ship 'em back.

Also from personal observation. I've lived in both Los Angeles and New York City and the bulk of the 12 million illegal immigrants live in these places. They're Hispanic illegals are easy to spot, tired, worn down, wearing salvation army clothing, they travel in groups to their jobs on the buses and subways, they keep to themselves, take care of their families, never gave me any dirty looks if they even made eye contact, try to keep to their culture and traditions and are simply trying to survive. I don't see them living high off my taxpaying hog at all. They want a chance at a better life. How can I possibly deny them that. I am no better than them just because they're not "legal" here. And come to think of it, when I eventually own a home in NY, if I can help give safe shelter to illegals, I will without hesitation.

I have seen them in groups, but honestly I think its sterotypical to say that it must be an illegal cause they wear run down, beat up, clothes. Not everyone can afford nice clothing.

Man may be a very emotional creature, the creation of it's laws may be based on it's emotional needs, and morals. But once those laws, no matter the reason they were created, are passed that's it. Laws have to be executed with no emotional attachment. Police, lawyers, juries, and judges have to keep their own morals and emotions out of the execution of the laws they've sworn to uphold. When emotion interfers, as I said, Justice is no longer blind.

We chose, as a country, to create the immigration laws that we have today, for very good reasons. To sit there and say "Oh but these people come from a poor destitute country with corrupt governments, we should show pity on them when they break our laws and sneak in..." completely defeats the entire purpose those laws were written for.

It doesn't matter what my opinion is though, people act just like you say Fin. R Kelly video tapes himself fucking a 14yr old, OJ kills his wife, Jacko sleeps with kids... and they're protected from Justice because of the emotions of all their fans, and the power of their money.

The same with the illegals. As long as those laws stand, they have to be enforced by the letter. If you are in this country illegally, you should be deported.

I agree, GB, that there must be enforcement of the law on the topic of immigration--no question; but I think we're missing each other on an essential point here. Compassion in governing is not emotional--at least not as you've used "emotions" in the above listed examples. Compassion is a secondary response to the decency all human beings know to be true & genuine within. Law is mankind's feeble attempt to draft an earthbound vector of the concept of justice for the purpose of order amongst the people of this planet. As a human construct, the law should (& most often does) serve as an extension of that internal decency--the moral absolute it seeks to emulate. As the law is imperfect, it should not be treated as an absolute but rather as our best effort to interpret the higher moral purpose that justice would have us serve.

:geek:

Edited by Fin

I have seen them in groups, but honestly I think its sterotypical to say that it must be an illegal cause they wear run down, beat up, clothes. Not everyone can afford nice clothing.

Sometimes stereotypes are true and when you hear the word immigration in Spanish spoken amongst them it's a pretty good indicator.

I agree, GB, that there must be enforcement of the law on the topic of immigration--no question; but I think we're missing each other on an essential point here. Compassion in governing is not emotional--at least not as you've used "emotions" in the above listed examples. Compassion is a secondary response to the decency all human beings known to be true & genuine within. Law is mankind's feeble attempt to draft an earthbound vector of the concept of justice for the purpose of order amongst the earth's peoples. As a human construct, the law should (& often does) serve as an extension of that internal decency--the moral absolute it seeks to emulate. As the law is imperfect, it should not be treated as an absolute but rather as our best effort to interpret the higher moral purpose that justice would have us serve.

:geek:

:wub:

I'm not at liberty to dispute anyones opinion or belief. My feeling on the take is that they should not be allowed to come over if they don't pay taxes and get a citizenship. What makes them any better then us? I live in California, synonymous for illegal immigrants who border jump all the time. While they may be harmless, they're just as likely to be hiding the fact that they don't belong here. Ship 'em back.

Ship em back is inhumane in my opinion. You know what the living conditions are like in say Nigeria, India and Mexico or all of Central and South America? We're spoiled as hell here.

They Would pay taxes if our government would allow them citizenship.

Another thing, these families, immigrants from all countries, they get out of poverty in One generation. Can't say that for thousands upon thousands of American families circling the bowl.

Ship em back is inhumane in my opinion. You know what the living conditions are like in say Nigeria, India and Mexico or all of Central and South America? We're spoiled as hell here.

Another thing, these families, immigrants from all countries, they get out of poverty in One generation. Can't say that for thousands upon thousands of American families circling the bowl.

I don't have a problem with them living the American Dream, but I do when they cut corners to do so. Times have changed, and if believe me I could rack up all of them to the USCIS, if I wanted to be a douche. I would never do that. I hope they do find refugee though.

Just another thing I would like to point out. My moms good friend was an illegal alien, yet we know he busted his ass to get here. And though it is wrong, I respect that he wanted to leave Mexico and start a life, I just don't agree with the way he did it. That is all.

Edited by Morbid Suicide

You're putting a lot of "ifs" in your posts.

Would they really pay taxes if they gained citizenship?

They sure as hell don't try to learn our language, why would they pay taxes?

You're putting a lot of "ifs" in your posts.

Would they really pay taxes if they gained citizenship?

They sure as hell don't try to learn our language, why would they pay taxes?

I put one if in the last post yep. Only other two ifs are learning the language (which most already do speak) and paying taxes.

As for learning the language, the majority Do speak english, if a little clumsily, but hell so do most Americans. I have more problems understand Indians on customer service lines than I do hispanic illegal immigrants, or immigrants period.

And paying taxes, LOL what makes you think they Wouldn't? Don't think very highly of illegals immigrants as otherwise honest people eh? I do.

Personally, I think that illegals do a great injustice to the immigrants who worked really hard to come here legally.

I also think that in many cases, they are hurting themselves, and the local economies they move into. So many abuses and crimes occur because of and are inflicted on illegal immigrants. People will abuse the crap out of them, pay them next to nothing, work them til they drop, and take criminal advantage of them. They impact local economies because people can 'hire' them for pennies on the dollar (illegally. Many are paid well below minimum wage), and they are often victims of crime because they will usually not report the crime. So, I think illegal immigration is bad for the country, unfair to legal immigrants, and encourages crime of all sorts. It's bad for us, and its bad for them.

Well where should i start... yes

I am an IMMIGRANT.. also know as an ALIEN

yea i'v worked in my past with both "legal" and "illegal" aliens ... yes i'm not human .. i'm a friking alien

... i'll bite you too.

Anyways getting back to the topic... You, my friends, are being brainwashed .. by the .. media ....

the way it works it's rather easy ... economy goes bad ... blame it on the Immigrants ... we are the new Jews ...

and as far as i remember they did end up in giant furnaces.

Legalizing all could be quite a good option .... from my experience as i talked to lots an lots of friends in that situation .. not only they would LOVE to pay taxes , they would even pay a fine , and prove their worth here. As in prove that they can hold a job and speak the language. Canada has an amazing immigration program, so does Australia. Import the good in immigration laws from those countries.

The law stands as it is ..for one purpose only ... freewill SLAVES.

There is no way any of us would pick up salad for 3.50 an hour ...

I would personally love to see Lou Dobbs or the other idiot from Fox give up their fat paychecks to go pick up strawberries.

At the same time a free ticket i don't agree with. Don't get in front of the line ... prove your worthiness to be here (by paying taxes and fines) I can guarantee you that the true freeloaders would just take off. And the ones that came here for a better life will prove their worth.

The word Illegal says it all.

I hear that!

Like them fuckers. Who were Illegal aleins. Tryed sueing ppl over workers rights...(or something crazy like that) >.> ...wtf you dumb asses you don't get rights that we have. For you came by wrong means! Well there goes more money. That taxes payers have to shell out... No other Place has this prob like the US. We need our taxes for people that try and do the right things to provide for their familys...Or fix things. OR for the schools!!! Why can't kids learn how to play some game.... Oh we are short on taxes.... Why are jails letting sick fucks go... Oh low on taxes....

I used to work with a lot of Illegals In Ann Arbor... Fuck You! You son of bitches. When my son were little. I was trying to raise a family good hard working way. Getting a good job hard to get. Cuz you tell a boss "oh my whole fucking family do it lot cheaper..."

Then.... THEM FUCKERS!! Go to say how great their home land is, soo fucking great!!(and say how they work here for 2-4 years! go back to Mexico, and never fucking work again. Mind you they pay no taxes! if they did it wasn't much!)(I hope you chock on that fucking worm in that damn jar, you fucking ass holes!!)

Well fucking go back there you fuck face! I almost lost my job for saying that. Till I told my boss fuck you too, go with them you asshole! I'll sue you and try to get the cops to ship your ass too! I don't care. They need a fucking green card..

Land of the Free! Is not 100% free.. My friends and faimly die fighting to make a better way. For all looking for a better life. This isn't the wild, were might is right and you can just come here and do what the fuck ever you want... Do it right get in line! Get a green card, work, pay taxes, apply to be a citizenship! Oh so you have to wait a few weeks or Months or what ever... Learn some fucking patience people..

I will welcome you to Mich or what ever state with open arms. If you do it right way! I know many legal immigrants. That think them lazy fuckers should be ship back too.

:rant::wallbash:

Yes I know some stuff is spelled wrong NO i don't fucking care.

There is no way any of us would pick up salad for 3.50 an hour ...

So why should they have to?

The only reason companies can get away with that shit is because they're illegal, and have little choice but to accept whatever the hell they can get.

There are also alot of diseases that have come from other countries due to illegal immigrants,FYI

speaking of diseases brought to America by immigration colony, small pox and genocide come to mind for some reason, definitely not the Mexicans

Its crazy how a country based off immigration all of a sudden dislikes it when the "Mexicans" take our jobs. I mean its not that company's are outsourcing to 3rd world country's or our president is an idiot and the economy is slowly slipping into the crapper, It's those pesky aliens. I mean ive never seen a nation get mad at people because they do all the jobs the average person wouldn't even consider. These people are not bad, they want a better life for them selves and their family's and the only thing they get hatred and resentment, Ludicrous i say. I mean it is so hypocritical its almost mind blowing. Id love for anyone against immigration to follow their blood line in America back as far as it could go and i bet unless they have native blood in them their ancestors at one point and time where ILLEGAL immigrants.

Anyways getting back to the topic... You, my friends, are being brainwashed .. by the .. media ....

the way it works it's rather easy ... economy goes bad ... blame it on the Immigrants ... we are the new Jews ...

and as far as i remember they did end up in giant furnaces.

Wholly agree. The Republican party Loves to trot out gay marriage (or anything regarding gays) and illegal immigration to stir up anger and fanaticism so we ignore the declining economy, various invasions and our failing, no-Failed, educational system. And they do it right around election time, how interesting.

Works like a charm every time.

As for Australia, attempting to rid itself of Muslims IS akin to a deportation holocaust and makes me never want to visit their country or buy their goods.

The only things making immigrants illegal are a bunch of forms. Nothing More.