Homework Due The First Day Of School

My daughter will be in 2 grade this year. Last night at her school was "Meet the teacher night". You go meet the teacher and find your classroom, that's it. Well her new teacher gave homework out due in on the first day of school to each kid that came. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Makes me wonder what kind of school year it is going to be.

Yeah, well I've got a personal Bio, a quiz and four discussion responses due next week on Sept 8. and it's the first week of school. Classes officially start Sept 4.. She has homework due the first day of school. Boo hoo. Just do it and move on.

Alrighty then. Sorry I shared. Didn't mean to upset anyone. I wasn't really complaining about my 6 year old's homework just making a comment. I take it you'r not in second grade.

Edited by LadyKay

My daughter will be in 2 grade this year. Last night at her school was "Meet the teacher night". You go meet the teacher and find your classroom, that's it. Well her new teacher gave homework out due in on the first day of school to each kid that came. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Makes me wonder what kind of school year it is going to be.

may the force be with you... hopefully they actually teach good info.... My daughters going into 8th grade and I say history is a totally different story now.....

Yeah, well I've got a personal Bio, a quiz and four discussion responses due next week on Sept 8. and it's the first week of school. Classes officially start Sept 4.. She has homework due the first day of school. Boo hoo. Just do it and move on.

I think there is a HUGE difference between what an adult can handle and what a six-year-old can handle.