arack Hussein Obama support Mega-Mosque at Ground Zero...

Here is the link: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41060.html

I obviously am not going to copy and paste the whole article when you can click the link.

This is pretty crazy. It's no secret that I am not an Obama supporter, but I really have to say this, and I am not trolling or anything...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS GUY? Is it me or is he doing everything he can to NOT get reelected? Decision after decision, he is wrong an wrong and wrong... and it's not like is going to be "better in the future" because of this. What he is doing to America is absolutely tragic, and this is just the latest mess. How is it that America just sits back and takes it on the chin while she is TAKEN OVER?

How are people on this board not more upset about their country's demise in such a short period of time?

This sure is change alright... defiantly not anything Regan would even fucking listen to... this country needs its balls back.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it shows which country is more tolerant.

But then again, does one equate mosque immediately with terrorism?

No, but one need only do a little research on the inmam behind the mosque, the name chosen for it and the name of the muslim group raising the funds for it to realize that it's a shrine to the 19 monsters that took the trade centers down.

I don't agree with it either even if this country has freedom of religion. Wouldn't be too hard for a terrorist to make the mosque look like a haven either if he came out of it with a nuke mounted on a blast jacket and it was a short trip to the center of New York or even the new building going up at the Trade Center. How easy would that be with such a short trip. Why can't they build it somewhere else? We are so sensitive to their religion and their ways when we are over there. Why can't they be when they are over here?

I suppose it shows which country is more tolerant.

No. It shows which country is more stupid by going out of their way to constantly kiss everyone's asses. I'm sick of living in a country where "nobody does anything wrong" and "it's nobody's business what other people do". When it's effecting us all on such a level, I couldn't give two fucks about being tolerant right now. You give tolerance when others are tolerant to you. You respect when others respect you. These people do not project either, and so they will get no tolerance or respect from me.

I only feel bad for actual Muslims who are practicing peacefully and are being lumped in with this select group of extremist violent asshats. Although, in that right, I really think they should be doing more to persuade their psychopathic counterparts into realizing that blowing up tons of innocent people is not the way Mohammad intended...

I hope this mosque is burned to the ground. It's fitting after what they did to our buildings.

No. It shows which country is more stupid by going out of their way to constantly kiss everyone's asses. I'm sick of living in a country where "nobody does anything wrong" and "it's nobody's business what other people do". When it's effecting us all on such a level, I couldn't give two fucks about being tolerant right now. You give tolerance when others are tolerant to you. You respect when others respect you. These people do not project either, and so they will get no tolerance or respect from me.

I only feel bad for actual Muslims who are practicing peacefully and are being lumped in with this select group of extremist violent asshats. Although, in that right, I really think they should be doing more to persuade their psychopathic counterparts into realizing that blowing up tons of innocent people is not the way Mohammad intended...

I hope this mosque is burned to the ground. It's fitting after what they did to our buildings.

Edited by Chernobyl

Doesn't bother me. Most Muslim's aren't any nuttier then most Christian's imho. Should we start judging/punishing everybody for the actions of there peers? Besides its not on ground zero, its a few blocks away on privately owned property. If they've gone through all the proper channels (which I'm assuming they have) let them build whatever they want.

Doesn't bother me. Most Muslim's aren't any nuttier then most Christian's imho. Should we start judging/punishing everybody for the actions of there peers? Besides its not on ground zero, its a few blocks away on privately owned property. If they've gone through all the proper channels (which I'm assuming they have) let them build whatever they want.

TY.

The fact is part of one of the planes still landed in that building. And there is a Mosque like 3 blocks away so there really isn't need for another one so close.

The fact is part of one of the planes still landed in that building. And there is a Mosque like 3 blocks away so there really isn't need for another one so close.

The same could be said for churches that are less then 3 blocks away from one another.

The same could be said for churches that are less then 3 blocks away from one another.

Yes it could if they are the same denomination, but that is a totally different topic.

The fact that the majority of the people of NYC are against this Mosque from being built so close to Ground Zero, and the fact the building was damaged by one of the planes should mean something.

Edited by TitsMcGee

Yes it could if they are the same denomination, but that is a totally different topic.

*agrees*

I think them being too close together is a good reason not to have it there, but I don't think that the fact that 9/11 attacks happened close by is a good reason not to have it built.

If we were to take all of the religions in the world, and remove the places of worship that are within the proximity of where something terrible was done in said religion's name.... there would be a lot less places of worship around the world for that reason.

1st Amendment ftw!!

:animier: :animier: :animier: :animier: :animier:

I love living on a land where an intolerant majority can't strongarm and cow a beleaguered minority into not pursuing their happiness.

If I were a religious man, I'd say, "bless you, Mr. President," but since I'm not, I'll just go like this: :jamin :jamin :jamin :jamin :jamin

1st Amendment ftw!!

:animier: :animier: :animier: :animier: :animier:

I love living on a land where an intolerant majority can't strongarm and cow a beleaguered minority into not pursuing their happiness.

If I were a religious man, I'd say, "bless you, Mr. President," but since I'm not, I'll just go like this: :jamin :jamin :jamin :jamin :jamin

This is true... historically, in ancient Rome Christianity was a minority for quite some time... and were persecuted because of that. I think people should have the right to believe what they believe as long as it does not hurt anyone else.

such hate expressed for our Constitution in this thread, phee. someone asked "what's Obama think he's doing?" he's LIVING UP TO HIS OATH OF OFFICE.

as for the remarks about not being to build a church in Muslim countries: what - is that the level of behaviour we have to measure up to in your eyes? We're obligated to treat religious minorities in our land the same way they do in theirs? Really?

Well, fuck that - I'll take freedom and tolerance any day.

I'd read something that said it wasnt supposed to be a mosque, but a cultural center. I dont remember where I saw that. Anyone else happen to stumble across that?

According to the article its supposed to be both.

It may be private land now, but it was public land owned by the City of New York and was given to the group by the Mayor of New York. He never bothered to ask the tax payers if they agreed with the gift.

Again.. all you have to do is read anything written by the inman who is building this. It's a Center for Hate and Intolerance. The man building it beleives and preaches that the 9/11 attackers are heros. Look at the name they are giving it. Cordova was the Islamic capital of Islamic Spain at the height of the Islamic invasion of Europe. They only use that name in places of great Conquest.

They are winning and we are letting them.

I'm not surprised at the reactions this is getting in the city of New York.

It's not an easy situation, but at the least, the mayor and the president should understand why this isn't --to say the least--a tasteful decision.

I think what bothers me most is that many, many people stood up and asked that this not be approved and it was despite all the protesting. NY and this country really has not healed since 9/11, so I can understand why this strikes such a raw nerve. That being said, I have many Muslim friends. They don't hate the U.S. They don't advocate for the 9/11 hijackers. They came here because they wanted to live in peace and not be subjected to the violence and radicalism that is plaguing their religion and country. I'm sick of the constant perpetuation that all Muslims are evil. I'm sorry but Islam is not the only religion with radicals in it. Christianity, anyone? How about the abortion clinic bombers? How about the assholes from Westboro who protest at military funerals? Part of me disapproves of the building, the other says part of the foundation of this country was based on freedom of religion. I don't know, I'm still a bit undecided on this situation.

Edited by KatRN05

Wow I missed alot of news being stuck in Basic for 10 weeks. Anyways, what the hell is this bullshit? Considering the location of the proposed building site there are really very few options that could be considered "fitting". There are some that could be sorta neutral...but this Mosque is much too close to being salt in wound even if you don't directly link it to terrorists. So what did they just say "ah fuck it we don't know what else to build here" or was this planned for a while?

Here is a list of better ideas for what to build.

1. Useful buildings

2. A nice park for EVERYONE to enjoy

3. Something that isn't connected to any sort of religion so we can stop bitching already.

4. An anti-religion vortex and pulls you headfirst through your own asshole if you try to build a religious structure there or add elements of other religious from different eras to an argument especially if the standards of the time were much different than the standards we hold today.

Personally I like the vortex idea...

I just watched a video of Obama clarifing his remarks on this. He was speaking to thier Right to build it, not how wise the decision was to build it. I was evident from his mannerism as he was speaking that he doesne not personally support it being there. With that in mind I was to make it clear I do not fault him for his public position.

I definitely understand why its such a touchy subject. But for what its worth, all I'm getting from his statement is that its there right. As it is under the first amendment if I'm not mistaken. I certainly don't want the government to start telling churches where they can or can't be based on what religion they represent.